Problem with CSS

Dan42684

ok I'm trying to play CSS but now when I double click the desktop icon, it brings up Steam to purchase the game again. What's the problem with it?

Geoff

VIP Member
Close and restart steam. They updated the client and if you dont restart Steam, it says that most or all of your games are just pre-loaded.

Dan42684

[-0MEGA-];547516 said:
Close and restart steam. They updated the client and if you dont restart Steam, it says that most or all of your games are just pre-loaded.

Thanks alot that fixed my problem. I never had this problem and I've owned this game for close to a year now.

Geoff

VIP Member
Same with me. Last night when I was about to play CSS and The Ship, it kept going to the game purchase screen, and all my games showed up as pre-loaded.

ckfordy

banned
Thanks alot that fixed my problem. I never had this problem and I've owned this game for close to a year now.

[-0MEGA-];547536 said:
Same with me. Last night when I was about to play CSS and The Ship, it kept going to the game purchase screen, and all my games showed up as pre-loaded.

Yup happened to me to and a simple restart of steam fixed it but i was getting pissed off for a few minutes before i figured it out.

Dan42684

looks like another problem has arised and this time it happened in video stress test.

error.png

Is this a problem?

Geoff

VIP Member
looks like another problem has arised and this time it happened in video stress test.

Is this a problem?
Not the best thread for this, but oh well.

That problem usually occurs when you try to set AA and AF on too high a level (at least with me with low end cards), or it could be that your game files are corrupt.

Try turning off AA and turn AF to Tri., and if that doesnt work you should probably reinstall steam and CSS.

kobaj

VIP Member

error.png

Is this a problem?

Nope, Its not a problem, it just means your graphics card is not powerful enough to render the guy's skin. With my old mx4000 and my fx5500 I got just a white guy. But when I got my 7600gt my card rendered his skin.

hpi

banned
That's the videocard... I have a x1300 and it didnt do the best in the stress test but now with my x1900 its no problem what so ever.

Dan42684

well the thing is, it never was white it rendered his skin just fine but now its white. Whats AA and AF??? How do I lower that?

kobaj

VIP Member
well the thing is, it never was white it rendered his skin just fine but now its white. Whats AA and AF??? How do I lower that?

Perhaps you should try and get the latest nvidia drivers, or if the newest ones are what caused it, get a later version of them. To lower you AA and AF load up css and then hit options, then video and lower it from there.