Problem With My Computer - Think It Is The Motherboard.

So 13 days ago I replaced my Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard with a new M2N-SLI Deluxe because it seemed to just give up after about 10 days of problems.

For those 10 or so days before the motherboard gave up, the computer would display a 'No Signal' message on the monitor when the computer was switched on from cold (after being off all night) and after 10 or so goes of rebooting the computer it would work and there would be no problems until the next time I go to start the computer from cold and then 15 days ago the computer would not work ('No Signal Message).

I tried my brothers graphics card (XFX 7600 GT) in my computer and it didn't work, so I then tried my graphics card (XFX 7600 GT) in my brothers computer and it worked, so from that little test it seemed the motherboard was at fault or at least part of it, because HDD's clicked etc. So the motherboard was replaced the next day and all was working fine until today when the 'No Signal' message returned and when I went to press the button on the front of the case the button wouldn't do anything and the only way the computer can be switched off is via the power supply (The button switches the computer on though).

My computer was built by myself too. :)

Can anybody help??

Thanks
Tom.

Adam135

Money on it being a ram stick faulty. Had the exact same problem when I build my new rig.

Try only one at a time

I think it's the memory

Money on it being a ram stick faulty. Had the exact same problem when I build my new rig.

Try only one at a time

My HP had problems like what you described. My mpney is on the memory. BTW- HP's suck, my hard drive, video card, memory, and motherboard all failed!!! Good replecment parts but cutomer service is pathetic and their products are mediocre at best. I will NEVER buy HP again.

It doesn't seem to be the RAM, because it didn't turn on with each stick in (one at a time) and I stuck another PSU in it the other day and it switched on first time and several times after that, but I have had to stick my (seems to be faulty) PSU back in, because the other one wasn't mine.

Tom.

scooter

banned
I also had issue with a previous build...pc-6400 OCZ ram crapped out on me..
OCZ replaced at no charge and it was problem solved that time.