Problem with my Videocard

Styleprojekt

hey guys, i recently reloaded my watersystem, and then converted it to be attached outside of my Case in order to have more room to work on the inside. As i wanted to restart my comp after the little modding, my Radeon X800 XT all of sudden is not working anymore. I didnt hit it, spill water or anything that cause have caused it to break, but i am 100% sure its the card cause even without softwares etc installed it still sends out signals to the monitor to access the BIOS etc. Only thing i get on the screen is "Check signal cable" and i did, my other screen doesnt recieve anything from the card either so its the card. Everything is hooked up the way it was b4 and now i am frustrated as hell cause i am afraid maybe a electric shock or so broke it....? Anybody have any ideas what could be wrong, what i could try or what i should do?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Reseat the card, Clear CMOS

Possibly try another card and/or monitor.

try the X800 in another computer if you can. if it doesn;t work in there either..its more than likely fried.

towly

You can do one of the following:

1. Unplug the power supply cable and short the proper jumper on the motherboard. Most of the times this jumper is near the battery.
Or if you can't locate the jumper,
2. Unplug the power supply cable, take the battery out and wait for a few minutes. Then put it back on. Some times, it may take from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours to clear the CMOS that way, so I'd suggest you use the jumper instead. If you can't find it look at the manual of the motherboard.

Good luck!

there you go