Probs with adware despite rung several anti spyware

evilfantasy

You need to flush your System Restore points and remove VundoFix and it's backups.

GameMaster asked that system restore be turned off but it doesn't look like it was done.

Do this.

Please download OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer OTMoveIt2.exe and place it on your desktop.

1. Double click OTMoveIt2.exe to launch it.
2. Click on the CleanUp! button.
3. OTMoveIt2 will download a list from the Internet, if your firewall or other defensive programs alerts you, allow it access.
4. Click YES at the next prompt (list downloaded, Do you want to begin cleanup process?)
  • When finished exit out of OTMoveIt2

---------------

• Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, and click Next.
  • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
  • Select the More options tab
  • Next to System Restore click Clean up...
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Vundofix and all of it's related files/folders will now be gone and system restore will be emptied.

GameMaster

I think, mr evilfantasy, that he has already flushed the Restore Points and all...at least if he did what I suggested, it's just an easy bat code and it's over.
So, his computer should be clean...so far.

evilfantasy

Yes it should have reset the restore points.

All of the volume information entries in the Kaspersky log are restore points.

altvic

Thanks very much Gamesmaster and Evilfantasy. I have been away at work for some time and just completed everything you have advised. Everything seems to be ok. I will get back with update tomorrow. Many thanks again.

altvic

Hi again Gamesmaster.
I am not able to go into hibernation; message - stop WT Services. I have attempted to attach a pic of that message.

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 167

evilfantasy

Go to Start > Run... and type services.msc and hit Enter. See if you see anything related to the program there and stop it. Right click on it and choose properties, set it to disabled.