processor upgrade

bmwlover0725

Is it possible to upgrade my processor in my HP DV8233CL? It has a Core Duo T2300 right now, HP said it can't be upgraded... I highly doubt that, do they just mean I would have to take it apart to upgrade? I don't think its possible for the processor to be mounted in the motherboard... infact I know it isnt, so do they just mean I'd have to take it apart to do this?

Geoff

VIP Member
Since you currently have a Core Duo T2300, I would say that you should be able to upgrade to at least a T2500/T2600, due to the fact that when your customizing an HP notebook, you can choose from almost all versions of the Core Duo, and they use the same motherboard no matter which one you choose.

bmwlover0725

alright this is gonna sound REALLY dumb especially since I'm almost positive, but it isnt possible for a laptop processor to be mounted onto the motherboard, is it? I don't think thats possible with any, I know it hasnt been with any desktops I've built

Geoff

VIP Member
bmwlover0725 said:
alright this is gonna sound REALLY dumb especially since I'm almost positive, but it isnt possible for a laptop processor to be mounted onto the motherboard, is it? I don't think thats possible with any, I know it hasnt been with any desktops I've built
No, it's an actual chip that can be replaced.

bmwlover0725

alright, I've built laptops and desktops(mostly desktops) before and I've never in my life seen a processor that is integrated. So HP sucks and had me under the wrong impression... thanks for the help though, I appreciate it:)