Program for forum or Website

alyoob

Does anyone know of a program like the one on this website www.vBSEO.com that is free. And does anyone know what does this mean when you check to see who is viewing your forum and there is a Bot (http: www.vbseo.com) on the forum.

kimsland

Google and Yahoo (etc) Bot searches are just users who have searched for some keyword or something and your site comes up (and subsequently shows as a search Bot)

Christopher

VIP Member
What forum software are you using? For vBulletin, my friend made a free alternative to vBSEO on vBorg, but I think it's outdated already. Try searching. But really, you should just buy vBSEO as it's the best maintained/supported option.

Though as an aside: vB4, the next major release of vBulletin, will have "human friendly" URLs built in -- so if that's the main reason you want the product you might as well just wait. vBSEO advertises itself as an all-around SEO product, but other than the pretty URLs, it doesn't do much.

When who's online shows bots, it just means the bot is indexing your site. This is a good thing. Most forum softwares have the option to turn these names off, though, so bots just show up as normal "guests." I often do this for new forums so it makes the site seem more active with guests.