PS3 Launch and Pricing

bigsaucybob

suprasteve said:
I think we already had a big long talk about companies not legally being able to sell something below its production cost a while back....

O well thats what everyone says. That companies never make money on the console only on the games and accessories, guess not.

I hope so... the Xbox's were selling for over $1,000, and they didnt even retail for as much as a P3 does.

If Sony markets the PS3 like Microsoft did with the 360 it will be expensive. Microsoft didnt produce a lot of 360's in the beginning to create hype, and they did a good job. Thats why they were so expensive.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
O well thats what everyone says. That companies never make money on the console only on the games and accessories, guess not
Dont worry, you're right they do. Search on google for it and they all say the xbox360 costs roughly $715 to make

Here for instance

DCIScouts

VIP Member
suprasteve said:
again, still don't know how they do it since it is most definitely illegal
I don't think that's true. I work in retail and we sell stuff at below cost all the time in order to get people in the store and buy other things that are above cost... (your Sunday newspaper ad is full of them)

Yasu

What about the new Nintendo does anyone know anything about that one?
I haven't seen anything official, but it will be cheaper than the 360. Most people are guessing that it will be about $249.99(USD).

Diddy

Yasu said:
I haven't seen anything official, but it will be cheaper than the 360. Most people are guessing that it will be about $249.99(USD).

Ok, do you know when it is getting released?

MasterEVC

Yasu said:
I heard $200.

Just think, you can get the platinum 360 AND a Nintendo Wii for the price of one PS3 LOL

I'll take 2 over 1 with a great range of first party games and 2 quality systems over one really pricey system with higher priced games that wont even look better then their X360 counterparts.

I laugh everytime they screw up:D (yes I hate sony they should have never entered the console market and left it to the people of Nintendo, Sega, and eventually MS [who has had more game making experience then Sony])

H-Bomb

When the PS3 does eventually come out i will fork out extra for the 60GB version. Not for the extra space, but for the HDMI socket and card reader. Neither come as standard with the 20GB version.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
H-Bomb said:
When the PS3 does eventually come out i will fork out extra for the 60GB version.
Unless you import it, no you wont. Sony havent got plans to release the 60GB version in the UK at this time. Whether thats just to stir up the publicity or not, they're going at it the wrong way.

Yasu

Sony havent got plans to release the 60GB version in the UK at this time. Whether thats just to stir up the publicity or not, they're going at it the wrong way.
Are you sure? So far I've only heard that the 60GB version will most likely be the only version sold in the UK and it will be more expensive than it should be.

However, there is no guarantee that the cheaper 20GB console will be launched in the UK. "The lower-end 20GB version of PlayStation 3 has no Wi-Fi, no HDMI, and none of the other slots in it, so it's really a question of where we would position it. It's more likely that we will only launch the 60GB version," Maguire told MCV.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151565.html