Puzzle out there for the smartest computer geek.

Pleeeease!

I have an hp pavillion desktop. 2.8 duo core, 3 gigs of ram, xp home media service pack 3.

I had move residence and went from dsal to cable internet (several months transpired before I bothered to hook this up). At the new house a I have a modem and wireless/hardline router (of which I'm hooked up through an ethernet cord). The internet is without glitch on other hardline or wireless computers. It's only the hp that is having an issue.

The issue I'm having is that my internet is being sporadic several times throughout the day. Sometimes I will open up a browser and it will tell me no server found (I switch between internet explorer, firefox, chrome, slimbrowser, netscape) and it is same throughout all the browsers. Peculiar thing is that sometimes I will be on the internet listening to music etc. and I will open a new tab, window, or browser and it will read no server found however, the music will continue streaming in real time without a glitch.

Hardware and cords are fine I've checked those out and yes I've tried disabling antivirus and firewalls to see if there was any difference and there wasn't. I've even done full malware and virus program sweeps and minor things came up which were quickly resolved however, my issue continues without any change. Solutions have been to either run a diagnostic repair through internet explorer or more recently I've discovered that if I open all the browsers at once it seems to force its way through and all (or most) will attain internet. Like I said, it's sporadic, intermittent and subjective. And it always seems to either repair itself in time or if the repair diagnostic is run (it has never left me just flat out without internet).

Who's smart enough to solve this?

Last edited:

Pleeeease!

Thanks, but . . .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914440

Download that and run it and see if anything comes up.

Up above when I said, "run a diagnostic repair through internet explorer", I meant to say run Network Diagnostics (i.e. I've already been using this). It definitely does help however, the issue continues to reappear. The two solutions I have to repair this issue currently is to either run the Network Diagnostics or launch a handful of browser all at once and it forces the connection open. Either way it's darn annoying and I don't know why the network started doing this. The things I do know are that it's isolated to this one computer, it's some form of software glitch, and seemingly nobody in Computerforum is technically apt to be able to fix this.

AAAAAAARGH!