Q??? From a friend...

pcmagic

Hello People

My Friend has a little problem and i was jw if you lot could help please..?

when he copys a dvd..it completes but when he goes to play this dvd on a dvd player the last 15 minutes allways Jumps and frezzes with the picture going funny and stuff .?? hes Tryed 3 diffrent types of disc the programe he used was Clone Dvd .. its a +- dual layed emprex drive .. and hes even tired playin it in every dvd player in the house .STILL DOSENT WORK ???

Any ideas People

Thanks

pcmagic

Yes He burns them the slowest speed possibe .. no hes not tired any other program ive told him to try dvd shrink and see how that goes!

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmm

My guess would be a messed up drive since you say you burn at the slowest speed possible and that he has tried different DVD+-Rs :(. He should also consider flashing the drive .. if possible as that could solve the problem. The amount of errors towards the end of the DVD seem to be above allowed levels and that's what makes the DVD unviewable...

JAN :D

Last edited:

pcmagic

jancz3rt said:
My guess would be a messed up drive since you say you burn at the slowest speed possible and that he has tried different DVD+-Rs :(. He should also consider flashing the drive .. if possible as that could solve the problem. The amount of errors towards the end of the DVD seem to be above allowed levels and that's what makes the DVD unviewable...

JAN :D

Cool
What do you mean about flashing the drive??
how do you Do that ????

pcmagic

For a long time, the only way to flash a MediaTek based drive was to use mtkflash in DOS. Of course, manufacturers often released self contained Windows Flashers, but these were not suitable for recovering dead drives or for flashing back to a backup. Eventually, a neat tool called MTK WinFlash appeared which was capable of flashing many MediaTek based drives from Windows, and you could specify the firmware file to flash onto your drive. This program was even capable of recovering some drives by flashing directly to the IDE port where a misflashed drive was connected. Unfortunately, this program does not work on some newer drives, and it is incapable of backing up a drive's firmware. The latest program for flashing drives in Windows is called LtnFW. It has many useful features such as backing up and flashing the firmware, and it works for almost every Liteon manufactured device. Unfortunately, it cannot flash to an IDE port, so it cannot recover misflashed drives.

IS THAT THE ANSWER

Kanduu

Check the size of the files on the DVD. If the total size is greater than 4.7gig,
the overburn option is enabled, and causing the error.

Alternatively when using CLONE-DVD, use the COPY TITLE option, and disable
any MENU's LANGUAGES etc.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, if you're going the lets-overburn-this-dvd route then you need to get some highquality discs :)