Quick answer fast

bomberboysk

It will "fit" but depending on the baord it may not be compatible. What is the model of the board you are trying to use? And what cpu. Gotta make sure they are compatible;)

bomberboysk

No it wouldnt support that processor. If your upgrading i would recommend going for a Phenom II X3 710, and then grabbing a mobo alongside that;) Although either way a beefier power supply would be needed.

yuki953

yea.... my mom is tourchering me... she said she would buy me an emachine and she would by the parts to upgrade it later... but if i change the mobo then ide change the op system... then it would cost more then originaly and ide be buying a $300 case -.-

yuki953

she wont let me... shes like....

"well im going to get you this emachine, bla bla bla, we can upgrade it later"

heres the thing... upgrading meens ill have to take out the power supply and put in a new 1... ill have to change the proccessor which now will take a difernt board, which will take a new hdd for a new OS cause its most likly a differnt chipset... ill need to put in a GPU cause intergraded sucks... but the case will probably be to small so ill have to get another case..... IT MAKES NO SINCE! the only think i might not have to change is the memory... so its $300 RAM lol

bomberboysk

she wont let me... shes like....

"well im going to get you this emachine, bla bla bla, we can upgrade it later"

heres the thing... upgrading meens ill have to take out the power supply and put in a new 1... ill have to change the proccessor which now will take a difernt board, which will take a new hdd for a new OS cause its most likly a differnt chipset... ill need to put in a GPU cause intergraded sucks... but the case will probably be to small so ill have to get another case..... IT MAKES NO SINCE! the only think i might not have to change is the memory... so its $300 RAM lol

Lol, well actually what kinda budget you looking at for upgrades? You can keep same hard drive just reformat it, your memory could prolly stay, your case could be fine just get yourself a microatx motherboard.

yuki953

-.- u see... im a heavy gamer....

WoW, GW, LC.. that stuff...

you think a 4850 or a 9800 could fit in a micro tower?

2.1 ghz is good... but not good enough.....

i get the HDD could stay... but ugg i still gotta buy a os... which are extremely over priced....

$99 for a program that is just copy and pasted billions of times? scam or what?

the PSU is freekin week... at 250-300 watt? HA wtf is that?

mobo obviously gotta change....

only thing that stays is the memory... bringing back my quote:

$379.99 memory....

bomberboysk

-.- u see... im a heavy gamer....

WoW, GW, LC.. that stuff...

you think a 4850 or a 9800 could fit in a micro tower?

2.1 ghz is good... but not good enough.....

i get the HDD could stay... but ugg i still gotta buy a os... which are extremely over priced....

$99 for a program that is just copy and pasted billions of times? scam or what?

the PSU is freekin week... at 250-300 watt? HA wtf is that?

mobo obviously gotta change....

only thing that stays is the memory... bringing back my quote:

$379.99 memory....

Ouch.... micro tower. Where you buy it from? Anywhere recently that you can return it to? If not... ask your mom if you can sell it on craigslist(can get prolly what you paid for it on there) and build a computer that you want, tell her its pretty much upgradeable.

yuki953

... without selling anything whats the cheapest best way to go about getting a good comp... without buying all parts from scratch...

bomberboysk

... without selling anything whats the cheapest best way to go about getting a good comp... without buying all parts from scratch...

Hmm... start by upgrading yourself to a bigger case (For $39.99 and free shipping the rosewill "Wind Ryder" is an excellent value at the moment). Next, toss in a good 500w or so power supply(The OCZ StealXStream is on sale for $49.99 after a $10 coupon code, and then a $20 rebate making it $30 at the moment, link to the page with coupon code at end of post). Then, toss in a decent gpu like a 4770 which for the price(~$100 after rebate) would provide 5-10% better performance than a 4830.

PSU is the one on this page at the top, enter the promotion code(good for today only though):
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemai...509-_-email-_-top-_-Moredeals&cm_lm=%%email%%

yuki953

ugg im rlly ticked about this.... she let me down... i spent for----ever trying to find the perfect build in her budget...