Refurbished?

darthblack

I am getting a laptop for college this week, and I have found a special at Fry's for a refurbished hp. http://shop2.frys.com/product/5640921 I would like to be able to play average level games (such as starcraft 2 and other good stuff coming) on high settings, watch dvds in good quality. Just the basic needs of a new college student. But other than whether or not this is a good pick, I also need to know if buying refurbished is a no no when it comes to laptops. I will probably only use this laptop for about a year. Thanks

refurbished isnt that bad...
just make sure u know what it looks like and what condition its in before you complete the purchase

Mitch?

banned
yeah. i've bought a few refurbished items, the seller's name goes into the product, so i'm sure that Fry's (and others of course) make sure the items are in fairly pristine condition to be sold, so their reputation isn't tarnished.

Jhow

Refurbs are usually fine and you can save some coin as long as you get it from a legit source such as Frys, newegg, or direct from the manufacturer.

CrimsonVerbs

Please please please

STOP YOURSELF, do NOT buy from FRY'S i repeat DO NOT BUY FROM FRYS! Or if you're going to DO NOT GET WARRANTY. They are the worst service ever. I took my laptop in to get fixed under warranty took them 3 months to do the job, then I went back in to pick it up, and it was still broken so it took them another 3 months to fix it again... In the meantime, i couldn't wait this long so I ended up buying a desktop they contacted me to come pick it up, and I didn't for 2 months because I had moved to another part of the country, ended up CRUSHING MY COMPUTER IN THEIR COMPACTOR.. SO as I SAY and I repeat, the service representitives are ASSHOLES and do not buy one of their computers if u plan on getting a warranty, and a refurb I DEF would not trust.

Goood Luck and good shopping,

David