Reinstalled Windows, not video games won't work

foreyes

I recently reinstalled Windows. After encountering and fixing various hardware problems, I began installing some video games. I begam with Worms World Party, but when I tried to run it, the screen goes black (like it's starting) and then... nothing. Back to Windows. I reinstalled the game and rebooted numerous times in various orders, didn't help. I've never had this problem with the game. Then I tried Worms Armageddon and received a message from Windows that some error was discovered and the memory could not be "read." Decided I would try Battlefield Vietnam as a last try and that game closes right away and asks if I would like to send Windows an error report. I've installed the same video card drivers I had before I reinstalled Windows (when the games worked) and it didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Altanore

I've heard people having this problem before, mostly it was due to dieing hardware. My guess it would be your memory or video card. Don't take my word for it though... but just seems to be the case since it's a fresh install of windows.. no viruses or anything. Just wierd how it all of a sudden does that after you reinstall windows. However, is there any reasons why you did a reinstall? Also note, sometimes viruses manage to sneak onto your computer while installing windows.. recommened to disconnect your internet while installing windows. So some suggestions are to do a virus scan, and run some stress testing programs. Like a benchmark program or http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm (googled it) or you can try to google some others. I know there is a really good memory stress testing program but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, wish you best of luck!