Resolution Problem

smitherz

Hi Guys

OK so basically I'm selling a desktop machine an Acer AX3400 with a Nvidia GeForce 9200 graphics card (nothing special). All has been fine with this machine.Due to me selling I decided to do a restore back to factory using the hidden partition. Ever since the display just doesn't look right, text isn't very sharp and doesn't seem to be true 1080p? there is a Nvidia control panel application checked all settings in there its set to the right resolution, even tried playing with some other resolutions. Checked the Bios to make sure it wasn't running any onboard graphics (disabled), however the monitor driver is a Generic PnP? Now I can't remember if I managed to obtain a driver for this TV previously?

TV Model: Samsung LS23CFVKF/EN

On their support site there is a driver for VGA but I'm guessing this isn't applicable to me as I'm using HDMI?

Just to recap before the format it was working perfectly I'm using the same TV with no hardware changes to the PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Smitherz

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Make sure the video drivers are up to date. The drivers that auto-install with a recovery partition are usually the initial release drivers.

lincsman

maybe try uninstalling the onboard drivers if they are on the computer. If that's not the problem, try uninstalling the graphics card driver and reinstalling it.

smitherz

Thanks for reply's guys, however if anyone is interested I have found the answer. After endless "googling" can be a common issue with SyncMaster series of TV's. It seems the native resolution for the unit when its run as a monitor is 1600 x 1200 I could only do this through Nvidia's control panel as a custom entry. Interesting though as Windows would not allow me to do this.