router issues

I am using a Belkin 54g wireless router on my home network. It is conected directly to my internet router and my computer is running of the Belkin. Now I have a problem when ever I try downloading multiple files at the same time, The router seems to overload or something and drop the internet conection. After I try downloading more than 4 files at a time the internet drops out and I have restart the Belking before I can go back to surfing the Net. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? Thank You

racer13fly

i dont know why, but you could just try not downloading multiple files. sorry, that the only advice I can give.

lawson_jl

The first thing to try is resetting your router. Make sure you know what your settings are on it first, write them down! Then hit the reset button, it's typically located on the back and needs to be pushed in with a pen or paper clip. Reapply your setting and make sure your wifi security is working. If the problem continues you may need to move your router to a place where it gets better air circulation or replace it.