Router vs Broadband router

jjohnston

I am looking to get a wireless router for my broadband internet. Looking at linksys's web page they have both a Wireless N Home router, and a wireless N Broadband router... Its a $20 price difference. Isn't a router a router, or is there a difference between the 2??

3uL

Broadband router have adsl modem while the other just ordinary router. That's all the differ.

schw32m

There is no ADSL modem on either of those routers..

The broadband router has a larger channel configuration and a bit more robust firmware than the home router and is more suited to a larger home/business type application.

Other than that I don't see a lot of difference either.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking to get a wireless router for my broadband internet. Looking at linksys's web page they have both a Wireless N Home router, and a wireless N Broadband router... Its a $20 price difference. Isn't a router a router, or is there a difference between the 2??

If you don't plan on using wireless N then I highly suggest this linksys model from newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

Highest rated router on Newegg.

PohTayToez

Basically any router is a "broadband" router, don't let the name throw you off. Both WRT160N "Wireless-N Broadband Router" and WRT120N "Wireless-N Home Router" are "broadband" routers. The main difference between the two is that the WRT160N is advertised as having a longer range. Either way, both routers are over priced and reviewed rather poorly, so I wouldn't recommend either. The router johnb35 recommended is an excellent router.