Screen turning black, comp not responding, ...

sizk

This is usually happening when I'm making music which can be CPU intensive.
The issue is the screen is turning black, the computer stops responding and the sound loops on a tiny bit of the song like a failing CD.

I recently installed everything that's music making related on a fresh windows install with only anti-virus/malware programs so I doubt it's a software issue.

Here the specs :
mobo : GA-965P-DS3
cpu : dual core E6400
video card : geforce 7600 GT
power supply : antec truepower 430W
sound card : emu 1212m

Thanks for any help.

gamerman4

If your sound is skipping back like that it means the computer has pretty much locked up. You might want to try a different graphics card. The black screen could mean your gfx card has locked up which usually makes you entire computer lock up.

irronstone

The only reason your graphics card should lock up during music making is because of overheating or a driver issue. I had a similar problem on my computer about 1 week ago, lock up and not want to do anything, thank god my graphics card has a driver reset built in to auto-fix the issue, but updating my driver seem to fix any freezing issues, make sure you have the latest Nvidia driver for the card and also make sure you got the correct/most updated sound card driver. Good luck.