Secondary Hard Drive

ilya124

Hey guys, I was thinking about adding a secondary hard drive to my Dell Vostro 400 for games and movies. My first question is, can i move the games saved on my hard drive to the second one? And also would i need to upgrade my power supply? I know that the hard drive connects to the motherboard, but i have the stock power supply and i dont know if it can handle it. Thanks for your help!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can move your game saves to another drive unless the programs have an option to tell it where your saves are located at. You won't have any problems adding an additional hard drive to your system as they don't take too much power to run.

ilya124

can't i just move the whole EA game file (in the program files) from one drive to the second one? or is that not possible?

ilya124

K

Most likely that will not work since the program will be looking for game saves on the c drive where they were originally placed.

but..... what if i reinstall the game on the new hdd and then transfer over the files from my documents. ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That may work, but it all depends on how the game is setup to access the saved games file.