Sending Texts from PC

robbiez777

I am looking for a program that allows me to send text messages from my computer. However, I would like it so that the text messages are still sent from my personal number. This would be useful for sending very long / complex texts as I could write them up on the PC and then send them.

Do you have any ideas on a program that allows me to do this?

Ryan_Fpv

I'm not sure on a program that does it, but I have seen it on some websites, in particular websites that sell mobile phone credit and such.

http://www.mobux.com.au/MyHome/SendSMS.aspx

I'd say that's for Australian's only, but it's the only one I'm aware of. I've bought credit from mobux before without any problems, but the internet is full of rip offs and scams, and mobile phone rip offs are quite popular, so if you go with using a website to send texts, be sure to check the site out make sure it's legit and read the fine print... Would suck to get your next phone bill and find they have charged you $5 per text or something ridiculous like that.

robbiez777

That's not quite what I"m looking for. I'm looking for software that would send the texts from my cellphone number, and charge accordingly with my current plans.

Surely there is some software that can do this, even for example software that could sync with the phone and load a list of 'texts to send' onto the phone, which then sends them.

mihir

VIP Member
That's not quite what I"m looking for. I'm looking for software that would send the texts from my cellphone number, and charge accordingly with my current plans.

Surely there is some software that can do this, even for example software that could sync with the phone and load a list of 'texts to send' onto the phone, which then sends them.

I had a an old sonyericsson phone W900i in which there was a PC suite software to send text messages from the computer itself you can checkout the Phone's manufacturer's site for it.

Tuffie

Yeah I'm pretty sure you have two options, first being if you've got a decentish phone with a computer connection most have software suites which would allow this. Or if you use on of the previously discussed web services, most of which actually do let you make it appear as though you sent it from your phone number.

lucasbytegenius

I am looking for a program that allows me to send text messages from my computer. However, I would like it so that the text messages are still sent from my personal number. This would be useful for sending very long / complex texts as I could write them up on the PC and then send them.

Do you have any ideas on a program that allows me to do this?

www.google.com/voice

Get your own unique number with it and everything. It's free to send texts.