Setting Up A Domain With Windows Server 2003

mac550

I just went out and bought a copy of windows server 2003 to put on my old computer. At the mo i have it as a file server and to give both of my computers internet.
I want to make it a domain controller/DSN server as well, now last time i tryed this on a mate server running the same OS, if i logged on use my computer i would have all my icons(like pix) on my desktop, but if i signed out and used another computer on the network the icon and files would not be there. how do i tell windows to do this.
Thanks For The Help

PCC_Australia

You need to create roaming profiles for this to work. It may however become a problem when your files start to get larger, as the roaming profiles option allows you to pull what effectively is an image of files and software applications associated to your user profile, off the server.

I found a link that may help you in configuring, because if i went and explained it and elaborated on each step, we'd have a novel of instructions and its best to keep it simple for now.

The Link: http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...c982-4bfb-891e-91b47f211e181033.mspx?mfr=true

Hope this helps mate

mac550

Thanks dude, ill give it a go now and tell you if i get it to work

Last edited: