Should I Continue?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Should I carry on, is this Ok?

2004491898969393338_rs.jpg

Kornowski

VIP Member
lol, Ok sure :p

What about the temps though, they're rather high aren't they?

Playing Crysis they reach about 48c...

Kornowski

VIP Member
Excellent! Thanks guys!

I'm going to stop when I get to 2.8Ghz, unless I don't need to up the Vcore...
How long should I run Orthos for to test for stability?

Idle temps are pretty good! Using the internet and stuff, I get about 34c :D
2005962684404085689_rs.jpg

P.S. If I was to add more RAM, different PSU and GPU, would I simply just replace them, there'd be no problems?

taylormsj

Although, if it isnt orthos stable, but you can run it for a few days playing the games you do, then i dont see what the problem is. Who cares about a stress test if you can play your games fine?

Also your new ram and gpu would be fine
but i would recommend going back to stock speeds when installing ram and then experimenting overclocking it after youve ran it for a bit.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, See your point about the games, they're the most stressful thing I'll be doing, so :p

Ok, I'll do that, let it settle in you mean? Gradually build it up...

JSpecGC8

Yea I had issues running WoW at 2.8ghz it would just restart the computer and give me some thing about my CPU is not supported.

I finally got it to run 2.8 but just couldnt break the 3ghz barrier without crashing.

But thats all going to put down, I have a E6750 on the way to go with the 8800 GT.

JSpecGC8

I had to up the voltage a bit, I ran Orthos for 3 plus hours and it ran fine as soon as I would log into a game BAM system would restart.

I got some help from a friend who suggested adjusting the Vcore a tad and after that I have had no problems.

As it sits now my system is taken down and I am posting on a P4 machine I have.

My CPU and Vid Card are getting replaced and I wanted to go ahead and clean up the machine a little and prep the old parts to sell!!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ah right, I personally don't want to touch the vCore, so if I can't go any further, I'll be happy with that I have...

I've already got an E6600 for no where near the money :p

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i would leave it at 2.5 dan, i mean like you said youve got it at just over e6600 speed for nothing.

i think if you go over 2.8Ghz those temps will be high :(

Kornowski

VIP Member
I see your point :), but the temps haven't gone up too much when I've been raising it, I don't know, what do you guys suggest?

I know OMEGA and Taylor say it's Ok to carry on like... :confused:

What load temps do you other C2D guys get?

I see your point :), but the temps haven't gone up too much when I've been raising it, I don't know, what do you guys suggest?

I know OMEGA and Taylor say it's Ok to carry on like... :confused:

What load temps do you other C2D guys get?

When OC'ed I get around 52*C Load...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Well you have done a 0.7Ghz overclock, can you notice the difference? on air i think you could get 3.0 but, if the temps are too high then 2.5 is nice.. have you ran orthos for ~2 hours yet?

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
When OC'ed I get around 52*C Load...

Hmm, I don't get why mine are going this high, I haven't touched the voltage...

Well you have done a 0.7Ghz overclock, can you notice the difference?

I guess, a little, yeah.

if the temps are too high then 2.5 is nice.. have you ran orthos for ~2 hours yet?

Do you think I should carry on? Nope, I haven't, I've played Crysis for an hour, does that count? :p

So, should I carry on?

Bradan

i rund 1.425 volts and it goes to 67c on occasion.

doesnt really matter, chips dont burn out that often and it will still last like 4-5 years at 1.45 v