Show off your speed

beers

Staff member
Probably... This was the first thing I did before installing programs so bc I'm on a new device it might be unthrottled for a bit.. About to test again after installing 10GB of Steam games..

I think it's session/flow based so you'll see it test higher than expected but settle down for larger downloads.

C4C

I think it's session/flow based so you'll see it test higher than expected but settle down for larger downloads.

Maybe.. Tested the same pre download and post download... Of course when downloading items the actual speed is more like 4-5MBps..

G80FTW

Geoff is faster.

Geoff is cheating :cool: I dont even know what I would do with speeds like that haha. I would need to buy like a server rack full of HDDs and download everything off the internet haha. My pron collection would be so massive.....

Probably wont be watching netflix tonight....haha. Im so sick of TWC. It seems I have to reset this crap modem daily just to get the 2mbps Im supposed to get. Whats worse is my only other option as far as I know for an ISP where I live is a local DSL provider where I would pay $80/month for 10mbps and only get 5-8mpbs at best which I had before and a horrible ping. I really cant wait until Google Fiber gets here...

Ok, turns out my wireless card was causing the problems....Im not sure why though, its never had any issues before. It is an ancient 54mbps Netgear card but I used it for my old 35mbps connection just fine. This test was hardwired, much better. I guess this wireless card is done.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Gonna miss these speeds while I'm home for winter break

Get Comcast

Geoff is faster.
:p

Geoff is cheating :cool: I dont even know what I would do with speeds like that haha. I would need to buy like a server rack full of HDDs and download everything off the internet haha. My pron collection would be so massive.....
I do run my own server, in a sense. I have a NAS that I use offsite for streaming video and files. This is what I also use my speeds for:

C4C

I think those speeds I saw last night was temporary.. Went back to check it out and in only getting 11down/4up with a Ping of 52... Maybe my neighbors are hoggin it..?

ninjabubbles3

I think those speeds I saw last night was temporary.. Went back to check it out and in only getting 11down/4up with a Ping of 52... Maybe my neighbors are hoggin it..?

How? Are you guys connected over WiFi? Or maybe someone is streaming Netflix or YouTube

Geoff

VIP Member
Added some routing rules at work to allow my client to use our Fairpoint fiber connection instead of Comcast :)

This is our standard user Comcast connection, it's a 105/20 connection but with hundreds of users it rarely gets that.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Speeds from my desktop at home. I'm connected to my RT-N56U router upstairs via a wireless bridge with another RT-N56U in my room.