Phone tether.

Take this!

Here's my phone's speed :)

2012-12-13064248.png

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually not bad speeds today,

Been talking to someone at Virgin media with regards to why my connection is sometimes nice,Sometimes not...

Virgin Media said:
The UBR which handles your connection is currently suffering from very high utilization, particularly at peak times. This has been raised to our network teams under reference ######. Work to resolve this issue is currently scheduled to take place around mid to end January 2013 (although this may be subject to change).

Most likely the date will be changed,Just hope they get it sorted soon!

spirit

Staff member
Actually not bad speeds today,

Been talking to someone at Virgin media with regards to why my connection is sometimes nice,Sometimes not...

Dude, I'd kill to get speeds like that. I'm in the same country as you, getting 7MB/s download max and less than 1MB/s upload. So count yourself lucky you're getting 85MB/s download speeds! Even when you were getting 24MB/s download speeds, that's still more than 3 times faster than what I get over here in the east.

2370299450.png

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I'd kill to get speeds like that. I'm in the same country as you, getting 7MB/s download max and less than 1MB/s upload. So count yourself lucky you're getting 85MB/s download speeds! Even when you were getting 24MB/s download speeds, that's still more than 3 times faster than what I get over here in the east.

2370299450.png

The problem is mate,Their Traffic management/shaping is a killer,Come nighttime from 7pm-3am its sometimes really slow.

My speed should be slightly better now...

2371572492.png

73880401.png

It basically dies in the evenings though. I will see if I can get one on here from school today at lunch, and show you the difference.

Update...My home Speed:
2371572492.png

My home ping:
73880401.png

--------------------
My school which is a few miles away's speed:

and their ping:
Unavailable as it is blocked at the server...
And this is going through filters on a server!

But you can see a slightly unfair difference cant you!

This is baring in mind also that I am closer to my exchange than the school! :/

Last edited: