Silverlight Operating system

zombine210

i don't want to sound like a grammar nazi, especially since i don't really care and often write txt spk myself...
but just reading through that site does not give me confidence to use it.
meh

Geoff

VIP Member
It is interesting, but of course you need to have an OS to go to that site to use it. Unless you can actually install it?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The point of cloud computing is to allow you to have speed and performance, even if the computer you are currently using does not. So if you go on a crappy computer and use this OS, you won't have to worry about it being slow.

salvage-this

It looks like a Windows version of Chromium OS, but it is made to boot off of any other Windows computer.

Last edited:

tyttebøvs

The point of cloud computing is to allow you to have speed and performance, even if the computer you are currently using does not. So if you go on a crappy computer and use this OS, you won't have to worry about it being slow.

Applications are written in silverlight and executed on your own computer.

Geoff

VIP Member
Unless of course your computer is so slow that Silverlight barely runs ;)

pcsupport

The point of cloud computing is to allow you to have speed and performance

Speed and performance at broadband speeds? I think you need to brush up on your definition of cloud computing.

Silveos OS is a browser-based OS similar to Chrome therefore you cannot boot your computer from it.

Also, as it is internet based the big bottle neck in the whole thing is your broadband speed...

Geoff

VIP Member
Speed and performance at broadband speeds? I think you need to brush up on your definition of cloud computing.

Silveos OS is a browser-based OS similar to Chrome therefore you cannot boot your computer from it.

Also, as it is internet based the big bottle neck in the whole thing is your broadband speed...
Doesn't take much to send a command over broadband.

ScottALot

I don't think he meant making your computer faster and performing better than before, I think he meant preserving the speed and performance of your computer, offloading all the work to a different system.