Skyrim Class

linkin

VIP Member
So I chose wood elf in the end, except I made my character a little more manly with bigger cheekbones and scares and warpaint. Yeah.

Loving the bows and arrows as well, being a sneaky bastard killing people with one arrow.

:D

Hyper_Kagome

So I chose wood elf in the end, except I made my character a little more manly with bigger cheekbones and scares and warpaint. Yeah.

Loving the bows and arrows as well, being a sneaky bastard killing people with one arrow.

:D

+1! I was a bit hesitant at first, but looking at some of the skills you can get in archery with a base of 25 from the start... it's going to be AWESOME to sneak around and pick them off one by one.

I'm still dabbling with the majicks to see which I like most, I do want to invest a tad into those... I'm thinking the healing for when the CQC comes into play.

Aastii

VIP Member
Anyone else find the dragons so annoying to kill?

This won't affect you archers, but for anyone that goes melee or mage, you can't do a thing without getting breathed on until 50% when they land, but even then you get destroyed by the huge damage

NyxCharon

This won't affect you archers, but for anyone that goes melee or mage, you can't do a thing without getting breathed on until 50% when they land, but even then you get destroyed by the huge damage

Not really. I have a 200% bonus on the speed of magika regenerating and I've managed quite well with some decent destruction spells. At first I did though, took me like 30 minutes to kill one. Now It's just a couple minutes in most cases. Dragon shouts help too.

Aastii

VIP Member
Not really. I have a 200% bonus on the speed of magika regenerating and I've managed quite well with some decent destruction spells. At first I did though, took me like 30 minutes to kill one. Now It's just a couple minutes in most cases. Dragon shouts help too.

pfft, try it with dual wield 1H weapons :p

Turbo10

nah not really, im mainly melee but i have a bow on me for hunting and dragons. You can just avoid them anyway or wait till they land, trick to getting out of the way of their breath is to just take cover really :D

Troncoso

VIP Member
I agree. Without a bow, you are more or less SOL. Though what was awesome is my horse attacked a dragon whole I sure it abs my horse just would not die. It was crazy....then a troll killed it. I thought my horse couldn't die til then

ScottALot

Melee - While it's in the air, charge your dragon shout (Whirlwind Sprint). When it lands, it will face you and semi-lock on to you and prepare to breathe fire. (by semi-lock, I mean if you move, it will follow you more slowly than normal). Whirlwind Sprint past it and melee to your heart's content before it takes off again. Rinse and repeat.

Mage - While it's way up in the air, you can't do much to it. I suggest healing spells while it's taking its sweet time up in the air. Usually, it passes over you pretty close once or twice before landing. During those passes, you can get some casting time at it. When it does land, I suggest an Unrelenting Force shout (if that's the name of it) when it begins to breathe fire. Then it will momentarily give you time to cast and get a good strafing distance.

Aastii

VIP Member
I agree. Without a bow, you are more or less SOL. Though what was awesome is my horse attacked a dragon whole I sure it abs my horse just would not die. It was crazy....then a troll killed it. I thought my horse couldn't die til then

no!!!

thank you for telling me that, my horse has been taking a beating and just carrying on. If it can die better let it take it a bit easier. Do you know if it heals over time?

Kewl Munky

A sabre cat killed my horse with like four attacks, I was very upset :(

Also I'm a two hand meleer and I have been able to kill dragon pretty easily. Just run around until it lands, then beat the shit out of it. When it tries to use it's fire I just use my force shout to make him stop.

Troncoso

VIP Member
no!!!

thank you for telling me that, my horse has been taking a beating and just carrying on. If it can die better let it take it a bit easier. Do you know if it heals over time?

I couldn't say. It may not and that's why the troll killed it so easy. But I seriously fought that dragon for a good 5 minutes. Every time it landed my horse would go at it. The dragon would breathe it's fire and my horse wouldn't care. haha.

A sabre cat killed my horse with like four attacks, I was very upset

Also I'm a two hand meleer and I have been able to kill dragon pretty easily. Just run around until it lands, then beat the shit out of it. When it tries to use it's fire I just use my force shout to make him stop.

Well then. I didn't know that shouting would do anything. That definitely would make it easier, if it stopped the fire.

jonnyp11

my horse was kickin but and takin names, or at least untill i didn't see that a ledge that appeared small turned out to be a good 50ft :( As far as dragons i haven't fought any yet, but my bro has killed like 4, but i have more words, but i can't use them, luckily i found an inn and got a bounty for a dragon that is close to death by a fire shooting, dragon shouting, Werewolf, enchanted axe wielding, orc, a.k.a. Senor Bada$$

Does anyone know where to go or how to get the Dragon Scale armors i keep seeing while loading. reminded me that i love how short the loads are, compared to other games, couch cough RAGE cough, that even when installed where either as long or longer and more common.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member

I'm an archer so yeah, really irritating. They aren't so powerful though, especially the ones just called "Dragon" - but the ones with names are much harder and when you find them I suggest you have a companion or some backup. I love how everyone, even enemies, drops everything to fight the dragon, they can deal a lot of damage to it and get themselves killed, leaving you to finish it off and not have to worry about damned bandits or mages.

I've now got a full set of dwarven armour, some superior. So I'm a heavy armour/archer/ guy. Also use some swords & magic from time to time.

Also joined the thieves guild. I think I've killed about 5 dragons now, 2 or 3 with names and the rest just generic.

Loving the game so far except for the random low framerate. I guess my shiny new 6850 and some new drivers will help.

I also love the complete lack of worthless achievements, it's just you and the game. No bullcrap.

Kewl Munky

I'm an archer so yeah, really irritating. They aren't so powerful though, especially the ones just called "Dragon" - but the ones with names are much harder and when you find them I suggest you have a companion or some backup. I love how everyone, even enemies, drops everything to fight the dragon, they can deal a lot of damage to it and get themselves killed, leaving you to finish it off and not have to worry about damned bandits or mages.

I've now got a full set of dwarven armour, some superior. So I'm a heavy armour/archer/ guy. Also use some swords & magic from time to time.

Also joined the thieves guild. I think I've killed about 5 dragons now, 2 or 3 with names and the rest just generic.

Loving the game so far except for the random low framerate. I guess my shiny new 6850 and some new drivers will help.

I also love the complete lack of worthless achievements, it's just you and the game. No bullcrap.

I made myself a full set of dwarven armor, a dwarven warhammer and bow. Also used the grindstones and workbenches to upgrade them all. I love the mohawk helmet it has ^_^

How do you get into the thieves guild? I've stolen a decent amount of stuff and haven't been contacted.

linkin

VIP Member
I made myself a full set of dwarven armor, a dwarven warhammer and bow. Also used the grindstones and workbenches to upgrade them all. I love the mohawk helmet it has ^_^

How do you get into the thieves guild? I've stolen a decent amount of stuff and haven't been contacted.

You have to go to Riften, I believe it's the east most city/town.

Not gonna spoil anything,but I got this Nightingale armour. It's very stealthy/thiefy light armour, so I'm putting all my points into light armour now as it allows me to move faster...

Also bought a house in Whiterun after helping the stormcloaks take it over, and stashed all my gear. Shame about not wearing the dwarven armour, I coughed up for a helmet and gauntlets that each had a 20% bow damage increase. I hate mixing and matching armour though, just looks weird.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I run around with light armor, magic in one hand and a mace in another. However, does anyone else (who plays it on PC), find it ridiculously retarded that left click attacks with the right hand and right click attacks with the left hand. I've fiddled around with it but I can't seem to get them switched...

Also it's insanely hard to change between a bow and a sword + magic combo.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I run around with light armor, magic in one hand and a mace in another. However, does anyone else (who plays it on PC), find it ridiculously retarded that left click attacks with the right hand and right click attacks with the left hand. I've fiddled around with it but I can't seem to get them switched...

Also it's insanely hard to change between a bow and a sword + magic combo.

YES!!!!! I hate that. And at first it wouldn't let me equip a weapon in my right hand, but that fixed itself.now I can't put a weapon in my left. Haha.

I don't have any problem switching to bow. I just hit the favorites button, pick the bow and hit 'e'
Edit: actually, with my g9x, I could create a profile to switch the buttons...though its I just want to click on something, I'd hage to right click.....dang....

Last edited: