Slight problem with my GTX 680..

G80FTW

Well, excellent card in every aspect except one.....and I think that is Flash.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest Flash, so Im sure that is not the problem. But when trying to view flash videos in full screen sometimes it will open it in its own window and other times it will not (works either way but doesnt make sense to me, its random) and sometimes full screen wont work at all and other times it will work and playback at 1 FPS.

And I just figured out that facebook videos will not play at all on my PC now. Wont load or nothing, just black screen where the video should be. And I checked on my tablet and phone and the same videos will play on them so its something with my PC and since the only thing that has changed is my video card, I presume that to be the problem.

Never had any of these issues with my 8800, but I really hope nVidia resolves these minor issues with the next driver release (I am using 301.42) as it really sucks.

Youtube videos play just fine, along with DivX videos. Youtube is all HTML 5 now right? No longer using flash video?

EDIT: I also just tried using Chrome and IE9 with the same results. Only IE9 actually says "flash player required" and when I click on the button that says "get it here" or whatever, it just greys out the button and does nothing. FireFox is my primary browser.

EDIT 2: This video works fine:
http://www.chemgapedia.de/vsengine/info/en/help/requirements/flash.html

Last edited:

Russ88765

Have you tried using google chrome? Tends to auto-update flash players, could eliminate the problem you're having with ie9. That browser always felt slow and old, I can't imagine what the appeal is still using it. When I switched to chrome it was a vast improvement.

claptonman

Not sure if they're related, but my 670 makes youtube and video files screen tear. I'm guessing something to do with the drivers.

But on your end, its probably flash not recognizing the new cards. Give it time.

G80FTW

Have you tried using google chrome? Tends to auto-update flash players, could eliminate the problem you're having with ie9. That browser always felt slow and old, I can't imagine what the appeal is still using it. When I switched to chrome it was a vast improvement.

Yes I tried chrome. Firefox is my primary browser, not IE. I actually had to install IE as I did not have it.

I also tried to turn hardware acceleration off, and that didnt appear to do anything. But like I said, I think all youtube is HTML 5 now so unrelated I think.