Slot 939 Quad Core?

spirit

Staff member
No such thing exists.

One of the best 939 chips was the Athlon FX-60 which was a dual-core.

spirit

Staff member
Don't think so. There are several Opterons which are meant to be faster than the Athlons, but a quick Google search for "best 939 CPU" brings up the Athlon FX-60 as being the best.

2048Megabytes

I had a Socket 939 Athlon 4000+ Single-Core Processor back in the year 2007. Thank goodness Dual-Core processors are very common now. I noticed a huge difference when I upgraded to a Socket AM2 Athlon 4600+ Dual-Core in June 2008.

DDR2 was a lot better than DDR RAM.

FuryRosewood

best you can get yes is the fx-60, but you can pick up 4400+ and 4600+ 939 chips for less than 50 bucks typically, the ram however wont be cheap... 1 gig dimms are bout 40 bucks a pop now

tech savvy

Don't mean to hj your thread, but when I saw 939, mmm..memories. I had a 939 Mach Speed MB with an athlon 3800+, 2gb ddr and a nvidia 7300gt. I put my 7300gt through so much shit, im surprised it lasted the 2 years I had it(06-08).They just don't build hardware like they used to. I loved that machine so much, may it RIP.

OOh, come to think of it, I still got my 7300gt up in my closet collecting dust. Should pull it down to clean it, and look back at the good old days we had.

OP, theres no quad core available for the 939 socket, only daul cores.

Don't mean to hj your thread, but when I saw 939, mmm..memories. I had a 939 Mach Speed MB with an athlon 3800+, 2gb ddr and a nvidia 7300gt. I put my 7300gt through so much shit, im surprised it lasted the 2 years I had it(06-08).They just don't build hardware like they used to. I loved that machine so much, may it RIP.

OOh, come to think of it, I still got my 7300gt up in my closet collecting dust. Should pull it down to clean it, and look back at the good old days we had.

OP, theres no quad core available for the 939 socket, only daul cores.

Ha, I'm such a cheap a$$, I'm still running a 7300GT because I don't do any gaming.

/end hijack