So I heard something today and im not sure if its true or not.

bigmac9787

So TIL that if your old vidoe card has died that you can take it apart ( fan and plastic housing and such) and place it in the oven on some aluminum foil and bake it at 200°C for 10 min and it will bring it back to life. Whats supposed to happen is after years of heating up and cooling off the soldering gets tiny tiny cracks in them and heating the card up that much caused the soldering to soften and fill the cracks back up resulting if the connection to be re-established. Has any one ever tried this or is it total bull****?

wolfeking

banned
It works with some cards. I know the 8 and 9 series Nvidia cards it works on. I think claptonman done it once.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
hmm, my nvidea card gt220 burned in hell playing on my 1080p screen ultra high :p
if I just play a video, the pc turns off xD
could I bring it back to life by burning it again? or new videocard?

wolfeking

banned
I am not sure if you can or not. I have never personally done it. I have herd about it and seen it done though. You may want to wait on someone with more experience before you try it.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yeah, but I'll gonna try because my dad is gonna buy another pc. Then I can use his videocard. But I'm playing on another pc, that pc is just to play LAN sometimes.

I'll post it if it worked!