Socket 1155 Motherboard for £75-£100

Shlouski

VIP Member
Spirit thinks Asus is great, but many users of the forum don't. Yes, Asus has gone downhill. ASRock doesn't make very good boards, especially the cheap ones like wolfeking mentioned. And Okedokey mentioned the D3H in his post, make sure to get the UD3H.

I have no problem with asrock and they are much better these days now their not a subsidiary of asus. Ive compared asrock to other motherboards like asus and gigabyte and they seem to be ok. You need to understand that these motherboard companies usually only assemble the parts that they have bought from other companies who build the actual components. Most asrock boards use the same rated components like, capacitors, voltage regulators and chips as similarly priced asus and gigabyte motherboards. Ok customer service is a whole different matter, but im yet to experience asrocks customer service, as ive never yet had a problem with one of their motherboards. I would always advice anyone, no matter the product, to go online, read reviews and comparisons on what they intend to buy. Even the best companies make lemons sometimes.

PCunicorn

Though that is true shlouski, they also make the BIOS, and can assemble the components wrong, etc. They also might be buying cheaper parts from the same company Asus and gigabyte get there's from. And though I have heard many terrible things about Asus's RMA bad support, I have heard even worse things about ASRock's.

spirit

Staff member
ASRock's OK, I tend to stick with recommending ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI though - can't really go wrong with either of those three.

I've never had a problem with ASUS myself and I've used a lot of their boards now. Never had to send one back.

The only brand of board I've ever had a problem with is Foxconn's own-brand. Believe me, they're probably the worst out there. Can't even update the BIOS without destroying the board and English support is weak at best (trust me, it's all from past experience). Maybe I just got unlucky, but I try and stay away from them now.