some1 pick out a custom loop for me.

dtiao7eb

Hello all,

I have never built a custom waterloop, and i have decided it is time. I'm not sure what parts are needed. I mainly just want to cool my CPU so i am able to OC it to 4.5+. cpu is a 3930k. my case is the corsair carbide 500R. My motherboard is Asrock x79 extreme7. Does WCing the southbridge help with overclocking?

I've heard frozencpu is a good place to purchase the goods. but i'm not sure what kind of fittings are needed. i would like a triple radiator... or if anyone has a good setup they would like to share. i'm all ears. pump i'm guessing i'll go with swift tech? i'm trying to keep budget under 1k. less the better :)

thanks in advance!

also should i connect everything before installing to make sure there is no leak?

Buzz1927

Digaredd
That's a pretty mild overclock, an all-in-one kit like the corsairs would be fine. But if you want to go custom, something like this would be a good start, good pump and rad, you can add to it as you go along. Don't bother with the southbridge. Throw it all in the case, put lots of tissues and towels over the components, and fire it up! :D It's pretty easy really, once you learn from your mistakes!

claptonman

That's a pretty mild overclock, an all-in-one kit like the corsairs would be fine. But if you want to go custom, something like this would be a good start, good pump and rad, you can add to it as you go along. Don't bother with the southbridge. Throw it all in the case, put lots of tissues and towels over the components, and fire it up! :D It's pretty easy really, once you learn from your mistakes!

Agreed. Unless you want to watercool your GPU (If you have one, not sure if its the same 7970 as in your sig since the CPU is different) 4.5ghz is easy with an all-in-one cooler.

dtiao7eb

hey guys thanks for replying. no i currently am using 680 sli.

probably no overclocking on GPU since... there is no need at all. but my 3930k is using the corsair h100. but temps while gaming is @ 51+. never over 60. with the old 980x i never went past 30C. I was just trying to get the temps under 40 on load. I figured i'd try a custom loop since I have never done one before. Fun little project.

I'll definitely check out the stuff you guys suggested. Thanks!