Someone tapping into my computer

tlarkin

VIP Member
well is he remotely accessing your computer? Or just accessing your webmail and myspace? There is a difference. Also, I can only assume you are running Windows? What version?

Every connection should leave a log on your computer if they are actually accessing your computer remotely. Also, processes sending data out over say port 80 (the internets) will leave traces as well. Once you get the IPs it can be traced to an ISP but any further than that would require cooperation with the ISP or a subpoena.

If you aren't using webmail, and say for example using your mail from road runner or comcast, and he is using it you can look at the email headers of mail that he has sent with your account and see where it is coming from.

Depending on how it is accessed or exploited depends on how you can track it, and you can always only track it so far.

mushroom-eater

OK - so I went to FOUR different attorneys today and NO ONE wants to take the case because it involves a police officer.

I NEED PROOF and then I'm going to the news media. Did anyone see anything on the readouts that is incriminating??

HELP?

OMG! What are you gonna do? Nobody wants to help you. Hope I can just make you disappear or your EX-bf, you sure he's not an EX-"convic"? He acts like one...

El DJ

Post his name and all the personal information you know about himhere in this forum, in this thread and I bet people will be clever with how they use that information and make a little payback for your X.

Name, address, phone number, SSN, where he works, everything you have...

fight back
He's a cop, not just your everyday average Joe. Sure, if he wasn't a cop, getting back at him would be easy, but he is.

ladolcevita

tapping

And even though this person is a cop, he can't do this just on a whim. Please...he has to have a reason to do this, he can't do it for shiz and giggles. So therefore, why not just get him arrested. He's doing something illegal. Obviously, he is a city cop. So call the state police, talk to the highest commander.

ladolcevita

continued

Or call your state attorney general, they have to take this case. HE IS DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. He has to have a warrant to get your information. NO WARRANT=arrest. Call your state attorney general!

GSAV55

lol, I wonder what actualy happened with this. What if it isnt really her ex, what if shes like a drug dealer or something, and now all you guys are accessories to drug smuggling and evading warrents and conspiracy an stuff, suckkksss

stk

even if he is a policeman he needs good reason to tap into your equipment. the law takes this very seriouse. have a good think and go to the "the police" they will have much more gudgets than your ex, and will catch him. its five years in prison if they bugg for no reason, or for personal reasons.:D

gamblingman

VIP Member
if it were me...

I'd get a lawyer to do some work to see if he is really doing it. Once he is under suspicion usually one of two things happen:

His department grabs him by the balls and forces him to stop or lose his job and possibly go to jail....

OR his department hides what he is doing and wont admit to anything.

Either way I would get in touch with a lawyer and the ACLU. Your right to privacy is possibly being broken.

Most police departments today can't afford any problems with their people, since they are under enough fire without having a loose cannon who is creating problems for them.

Long story short, if you think he is stalking you, GET A LAWYER, dont delete emails, dont delete anything that may incriminate your ex. If your serious about this then you need to act fast, like now!