Something Wrong with my Windows XP HomeEdition

FFCFoo

Hi, I have been having a problem with my system. When I log on to my username it loads then when it get's to the desktop it freezes. I can still move the mouse but nothing shows. Just the desktop image. Not even the bar below workks... Also I cant CTRL+ALT+DELETE or do anything. Even when I press the button on my computer it does not shutdown. I am booted my username in safe mode right now. It works and everything but I dont no what I should do to fix the problem... I have not really installed anything. I tried system restore my computer to yesterday but that didnt work so I was thinking of setting it back more. Please guys. I need an answer. I am really mad.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try going back a few days past the point where it was working ok and see if it boots up properly.

FFCFoo

Try going back a few days past the point where it was working ok and see if it boots up properly.

I just did that and it still did the same thing? If I cant fix this, Can I just create a new account with administrater priviliges and put all my documents from my other account to my new account?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Running XP? You can boot to safe mode, create another user and see if it will let you boot into it. If so, then you can transfer files over to the new account.

FFCFoo

Another Problem

Running XP? You can boot to safe mode, create another user and see if it will let you boot into it. If so, then you can transfer files over to the new account.

Got another problem.. I created a new account even tryed guest and they both do the same. It loads up to the desktop wallpaper and it freezes! Is there some diagnostic thing I could do? Because something is corrupt or something.

EDIT: I just tried to restore it to the latest restore point. The 21st of last month. I dont no what to do? Nothing works!?

Last edited:

schw32m

Got another problem.. I created a new account even tryed guest and they both do the same. It loads up to the desktop wallpaper and it freezes! Is there some diagnostic thing I could do? Because something is corrupt or something.

EDIT: I just tried to restore it to the latest restore point. The 21st of last month. I dont no what to do? Nothing works!?

Sounds like a vid driver problem..

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
This problem can occur if some of the Windows API files are damaged...

--->First save all your data to a safe place.
--->Then repair your Windows XP Home edition operating system by using the Windows XP Home edition CD-ROM disk (this proceedure will delete only the service packs and updates,but none of your data and all settings won't be lost so don't worry about it:rolleyes:)

Try this and tell us if it worked ;)

NOTE: If you don't know how to do the XP repair,don't do anything and ask me how to do it because I don't want you to go into the recovery console and screw up all there =P

Cheers!

Last edited: