Speakers crack during one game only

ChrisUlrich

Speakers will crack ONLY when I'm playing DiRT 2. It's crystal cleR during music, Crysis, WoW, anything... Just not DiRT 2! Any idea why?

munkyeetr

Have you messed around with the sound options for the game? I've never played the game, but I would think there should be sound options. That would be my first thing to try.

bkribbs

Could it be trying to emit a high (or low) pitch that none of the other games use? And maybe the speaker can't handle it, so it cracks?

Okedokey

Could be the game mate. I have a terrible issue with Arm A II that cannot be resolved, only game that has an issue. So you may want to check for game updates and sound card updates.

ChrisUlrich

Could be the game mate. I have a terrible issue with Arm A II that cannot be resolved, only game that has an issue. So you may want to check for game updates and sound card updates.

I think you might be right. The game automatically checks for updates and I have the latest drivers. :-/

Aastii

VIP Member
I think you might be right. The game automatically checks for updates and I have the latest drivers. :-/

google to see if anyone else has had a problem with your soundcard and the game. If everyone else seems alright with it, I can't see how it could be the game, it would be either a setting or driver(s) causeing the problem

ChrisUlrich

I'm afraid to mess with bios updates. I never did it before and I am afraid to ruin my PC.

Tons of people are having sound issues, but no seems to be having the same exact problem. I tried 2 of the solutions but it didn't help.