splinter cell double agent "issues"

kitmk

having purchased this game, i am unable to play it. i can play it but not with any playableness. in short, i get 10fps or less with my laptop, which meets all the requirements (i post specs @ end of thread). despite the fact i am able to run it, and have patched it, for some unknown reason i am unable to change in game settings. (i also cannot change to native res...) i am assuming that there is some config file somewhere, but i am unable to find it.
if anybody could give a hint as to its location, any known fix, a way to change res or a link to a solution to any of these, i would be grateful (i have searched, although my skills are poor and have been unable to find a solution).
specs:
AMD turion 64 1.8ghz
1gb ram
nvidia go7300
1280x800
5400 rpm hdd (the drive it is installed on has very little free space, although this hasnt affected any other games installed on this drive, will it be adversely affecting SCDA?)

all drivers updated etc. if you need to know any other information i will be happy to find it.

dmw2692004

try re-installing your game, run defrag, also your proc is a lill on the low end. that could be the problem.