*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Virssagòn

VIP Member
@ Stranglehold, do you use w8? I found out with my athlon and the database I got that AMD CPUs seem to score less on singlethreaded in w8 (about 300 points difference)
However, 4 threaded and multithreaded seem to score okay.

spirit

Staff member
Thought I'd give it a run. I like the design but I think it should run straight away once you've pressed the 'Run' button when the application opens and I think the black text on the grey background (at the bottom of the window) should be changed to white. Looking great otherwise.

score_zpsf7a5a2df.jpg

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is a re-run you asked for Smile. :) :good:

6dmjCYX.jpg

This is at stock,With Turbo on of course.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Found a performance difference between windows vista and windows 8:

1014936.jpg
bxjc.jpg

The athlon is running 50 mhz higher on windows 8 and scores better on multithreaded and 4 threaded, but singlethreaded is much lower then on vista.

And another score of course, my awesome beast.... THE PENTIUM III M!!!

1015819.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Here is a re-run you asked for Smile. :) :good:

6dmjCYX.jpg

This is at stock,With Turbo on of course.

Ty! Seems like the fix works on 8 threaded intel cpus, however on 8 core FX cpus it still doesn't work :'(.

Could you test the 4 threaded test some more times during the day? So I'm sure the fix really does its job?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Okay, I had to get the top :p
My silver arrow seems to be a beast even in summer when it is around 26°-27°c in this room (it's always hot in this room though).
I kept the temps under 80°c with the first run and under 88°c for the second, so I think there was no thermal throttle...

1st 5Ghz
mm8v.jpg

2nd 5.2Ghz
m0ni.jpg

(this has tested the early version where the 5th number from multithreaded fell off the box)

However, I'm not pleased with the results, because a i7 3770k scores MUCH higher at only 5.15Ghz :'(
Especially at the multithreaded, the 3rd gen i7 scores very much, but I think it also has to do with the RAM speed though:

4.7Ghz
1014625.jpg

5.15Ghz
1014811.jpg

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel bad that I beat mods here :p

Well your 3770K is still at a 1Ghz advantage after my 3.5 turbo kicks in. :p

I use to be big on overclocking,benchmarks and all that stuff but these days i couldn't really care to be honest,as long as my system does what i need it to and performs well..that's all that matters,Only reason i really submitted my scores is because Smile asked me to test BH for him. :)

When i get Windows 8 back up and running on my on my Laptop (I5 Mobile) il post that result also if that's of any interest to you Smile?