*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

PCunicorn

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687325
No. I have known this for quite a while, and while they are a little related, Pegatron makes parts for them both they are still completely different brands. Denther, you can have a a wallpaper of whatever you want. This is like putting a sticker that says Cadillac on a Chevy. Sure, they are both owned by GM, but they are completely different vehicles. Tiurbobooster, I am surprised you actually where so sure they where the same companies, is a quick Google so hard?

Darren

Staff member
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687325
No. I have known this for quite a while, and while they are a little related, Pegatron makes parts for them both they are still completely different brands. Denther, you can have a a wallpaper of whatever you want. This is like putting a sticker that says Cadillac on a Chevy. Sure, they are both owned by GM, but they are completely different vehicles. Tiurbobooster, I am surprised you actually where so sure they where the same companies, is a quick Google so hard?

Then he can have a skin on software whatever he damn well pleases.

Also they said they were related, not owned by one another. Pegatron was owned by Asus but was spun off and made to it's own company in 2010. Pegatron controls AsRock. They are related. Also the chairman of AsRock was a founder of Asus. So further relations. Also Turbo never said they were the same company, just their "boss" was the same.

That's not the point, what does it even matter what he has as his skin.

Ran the bench. Got 9692. This is way to unpredictable to be a good benchmark on the AMD CPU's at least. I've had close to 11K and then this.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
In the beginning Asus didn't want their name on low end/cheaper end boards, except in OEMs, most people that owned OEMs didn't have any idea what board was in it. They started Asrock for retail low end sales. Asus started Pegatron to split their businesses. Basically against companies like Foxconn. Then Asus made Asrock part of Pegatron. They spun off Pegatron 4 or 5 years ago.

PCunicorn

then he can have a skin on software whatever he damn well pleases.

Also they said they were related, not owned by one another. Pegatron was owned by asus but was spun off and made to it's own company in 2010. Pegatron controls asrock. They are related. Also the chairman of asrock was a founder of asus. So further relations. Also turbo never said they were the same company, just their "boss" was the same.

That's not the point, what does it even matter what he has as his skin.

Ran the bench. Got 9692. This is way to unpredictable to be a good benchmark on the amd cpu's at least. I've had close to 11k and then this.

turbobooster didn't say anything other than
:):):)
and they are related some what, yes, but no where near enough to have a rog theme on cpu-z. He can have whatever he wants, whatever, and i can damn well put a cadillac sticker on a damn chevrolet, doesn't mean i will. Because it looks odd.

spirit

Staff member
Ran the bench. Got 9692. This is way to unpredictable to be a good benchmark on the AMD CPU's at least. I've had close to 11K and then this.

Historically, we've always had problems with AMD and this benchmark. You bought the wrong CPU. ;)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Historically, we've always had problems with AMD and this benchmark. You bought the wrong CPU. ;)

Nope, the benchmark sometimes fails to allocate the right amount of threads on the 4 threaded using an i7/FX 8 core. Normally my benchmark is pretty stable, only this issue still happens on some systems. Since I'm writing a totally new benchmark with the cross-platform edition, it should be fixed.

spirit

Staff member
But we have had problems with AMD in the past. I remember one version was working fine with the Intel chips but wasn't playing nicely with the AMD ones. I remember AMD users on here were having a go at us for it. :p

Darren

Staff member

Yeah no. The benchmark just doesn't like me or my life choices. When games become optimized for 8 cores I will be a happy man. Until then, I'll suffer in single threaded performance compared to Intels.

spirit

Staff member
When games become optimized for 8 cores I will be a happy man. Until then, I'll suffer in single threaded performance compared to Intels.

Yeah this is the problem. The FX-8320 is a good CPU I'm sure, but at the moment most things are not taking advantage of all of its cores. By the time applications and games which do take advantage of 8 cores are released, something much more powerful than the FX-8320 will be on offer.

It's the Phenom II X6 story all over again in that respect.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah this is the problem. The FX-8320 is a good CPU I'm sure, but at the moment most things are not taking advantage of all of its cores. By the time applications and games which do take advantage of 8 cores are released, something much more powerful than the FX-8320 will be on offer.

It's the Phenom II X6 story all over again in that respect.

Stuff will be more powerful yes but I don't think it will be quite the same as the X6. 8 threaded games are going to be coming pretty soon since the new consoles have them.

spirit

Staff member
I don't think it will be quite the same as the X6. 8 threaded games are going to be coming pretty soon since the new consoles have them.

I agree with you. I think we'll see the move to 8 cores sooner than we saw the move to 6 cores.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I have to say that the Phenom II X6 is still a beast of a processor, clock for clock it beats the FX8320/FX8350 by a tiny bit (however, these visheras are generally clocked pretty much higher from stock already)

Intel_man

VIP Member
blackholebenchmark_zps10c5af39.png

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Pretty nice score for the old i7! Intel needs to take improvements more serious. Last 3 generations didn't change that much in performance...