*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

G80FTW

My 3? year old i7 920 @ 3.6GHz is on par with that Kaveri.

But the Kaveri is an APU which has a whole different purpose and design than a standard i7.

Although Im not entirely sure why AMD decided to bring an APU into the market. Perhaps someday I will build a rig with just the APU and see how it really does in gaming.

29vec1f.png

Jiniix

The only thing about them I don't like, is that it seems random if you need to use the FN-key or not. I often have to go into Audit Mode on these laptops for a client, and sometimes it's ctrl-shift-fn-f3, sometimes it's just ctrl-shift-f3. Even worse for boot menus :) But build-quality and specs are generally good.

mr.doom

I am generally very pleased with this laptop. Performance is like I have never experienced on a laptop, which just goes to say, how good Haswell processors are. SLI is working very well, and I am still to have any issues with it. Speakers are good too, for a laptop. I am very sensitive to sound and I get annoyed with even slightest bad quality, but those JBLs are relatively ok. For a laptop, like I said :)

Cons would be:
1. I switched from a 13" MacBook Pro and the size and weight difference is HUGE!
2. The bezel around the screen is unnecessarily thick.
3. The power brick is huge and heavy.
4. In-built webcam is truly horrible quality (I would have rather not have it at all, and be able to have thinner bezels with larger screen).

Otherwise it is a really good laptop and good value as well, when you consider the performance it has.

The 4 threaded seems very low.

ohqour.png

I don't think that only the 4 tread is low.
also the multi tread seems low.

in this score your multi is higher, but my previous score my multi is higher.
I now the overall score is higer with me because your 4 tread is so low, but why is your multi tread lower then mine

why do I score higher with a amd fx 8120 at 4.4ghz then you do with your fx 8350 at 4.6

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Run it again but this time make sure Steam is closed. It's made a difference for me in the past.