Startup Problem!

sokol

I turned on my pc this morning and it booted but I dont see anything on my screen except for background picture. I don't see the icons, start menu etc, anyone know what the problem is and how to fix this. I tried everything. My mouse moves on the screen when I move it but when I right click it nothing happens, Only thing that works is ctrl+alt+delete. Hope someone can help me.

JTM

I turned on my pc this morning and it booted but I dont see anything on my screen except for background picture. I don't see the icons, start menu etc, anyone know what the problem is and how to fix this. I tried everything. My mouse moves on the screen when I move it but when I right click it nothing happens, Only thing that works is ctrl+alt+delete. Hope someone can help me.

It seems like something is wrong with your system file "explorer" which runs the desktop basically. I would try to reboot and see what that gives you. I would also try booting into safe mode and doing a virus scan to make sure nothing is wrong on that end of things.

sokol

It seems like something is wrong with your system file "explorer" which runs the desktop basically. I would try to reboot and see what that gives you. I would also try booting into safe mode and doing a virus scan to make sure nothing is wrong on that end of things.

I rebooted 2 times took plug out and put it back in and nothing. What would be the best way running a anti virus program.

Last edited:

dlahosur

Press Ctrl+alt+del
* use task manager
* go to file menu and enter run
* regedit
* HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWSNT\WINLOGON\
* CHECK "SHELL" BINARY DATA & CONFIR THE DATA IS EXPLORER.EXE

NOW RESTART THE SYSTEM.

Nikole

According to me your computer is infected with virus or other malwares , so you can get rid of this by following these steps .

1 Download and intall the Malwarebytes on your computer .
2 Update your Malwarebytes .
3 Scan your computer for all the malwares in your computer .
4 Remove all the malwares , found while scanning with the malwarebytes .
5 Restart your computer .

This will solve your issue .