Steam issue...

Irishwhistle

I'm trying to get Unreal Tournament III Black to work on Steam for the free weekend, but I'm getting this error:

steamut3.png

What's it mean? Are their servers full and there's nothing I can do about it? If there IS something I can do to fix the issue, what is it? Thanks! :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup same here since last night...the damn weekend will be over by the time their servers become available :D

Twist86

Main issue is the pirated version of STEAM that is currently out to DL L4D has been KILLING steam servers.

I noticed ever since it came out I have been getting that message almost all day cept for 1-3am in the morning. Reason I am up now ^-^

Irishwhistle

It's kinda working now, but it's not looking like it's gonna be done by any time this weekend, which kinda defeats the purpose. :p It says 2.2 days left and it's been stuck at 11% since I woke up this morning.

EDIT: Wow! I was just maxing out the down speed at 5Kbps. :p Now it's back to the "Download starting..." message. :(

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I give up.....Steam please improve your servers!

I noticed L4D seems a bit slow this week with finding available servers...can take up to 5 mins,by that time people have left the game lobby :(

Irishwhistle

I give up.....Steam please improve your servers!

I noticed L4D seems a bit slow this week with finding available servers...can take up to 5 mins,by that time people have left the game lobby :(

Apparently L4D is hosting the free UT3 weekend or something like that. I can get it to 90kbps, but after about 30 seconds to a minute it stops working again and I have to manually get it going again.

epidemik

Curse these free weekends. Of course the only thing im trying to download is the free weekend game
-.-

Grrr, i wanna try UT3!

/\E

Restart Steam... Same happened to me when updating Empire: Total War.

It's another one of Valve's bugs, and they've paid it no attention. They've been terrible lately especially with game/Steam client updates all the time but they never fix an actual problem. Before Valve got all these new titles they were good but now they are nuts. Valve is the next EA.

Aastii

VIP Member
blasphemy /\E!! Nobody is as bad as EA, especially not steam, they aren't as tight as a badgers behind for a start, they just don't have the best servers at the minute and are never ever ever on time, other than that, valve are possibly the best supplier/makers of games at the minute (opinion ofcourse)

But more to the point of the post, i am having the same issue, only mine is actually crashing steam fully. I have the actual game, bought from steam but not installed and thought while there are alot of people that are going to be trying it, lets reinstall and go online while there are alot there.

Well, the concept is brilliant, the doing it sucks, i can;t get past the preparing download, it gets to the end of the bar and freezes, so i click cancel, nothing, after about a minute "steam has stopped responding" so i have to end program now. I did, when i first clicked it, got it to atleast connect, but i got the message that all you have been getting about full servers and what not. Kinda sucky :(

/\E

blasphemy /\E!! Nobody is as bad as EA, especially not steam, they aren't as tight as a badgers behind for a start, they just don't have the best servers at the minute and are never ever ever on time, other than that, valve are possibly the best supplier/makers of games at the minute (opinion ofcourse)

Time will tell... The Valve founders came from Microsoft, so start expecting to see that Microsoft business model taking shape. EA is gonna fall and then Valve will take their spot, and everyone will hate Valve just as we hate EA today.