Steam Winter Sales 2012

Rit

Numerouse people, including myself, on this forum love that game, spirit like makes love to it.

I think I just have to get use to the controls, but not a fan of the semi-auto-aim type games. Plus I only did the first two levels.

jonnyp11

I think I just have to get use to the controls, but not a fan of the semi-auto-aim type games. Plus I only did the first two levels.

Part f the fun is all the mods,mthere are so many mods. Get a couple weaponized vehicle skins like for the mini heli, an extended grapple, and super speedy running andmit's better, need tomget unlimited health and ammo so i can get all the locations and side missions as they get boring snce i already beat the game

Darren

Staff member
I found Just Cause 2 to be awesome. I'm currently playing GTA4 and Civ5. I caved and bought Civ5 but was smart and only got the regular version. Although from what I hear God and Kings is a good expansion and improves the game a lot.

And yes Jason makes love to Just Cause 2.

Aastii

VIP Member
The Civ 5 expansions are completely worth it. The whole tech tree has been reworked, AI has been improved substantially, faith adds a whole new element, not just with the effects but with diplomacy, there are a lot of new units and buildings, it changes the game and definitely for the better.

Add Bioshock 2 to the list of games I said I wouldn't buy during the Steam sales but just have :p

jonnyp11

Haha it's a good game but I don't love it that much. :p To be honest I haven't been playing it half as much as I used to, I guess I've just been doing other things.

Well...you are known to buy the physical disks...JK

Cant wait till they gat a working multiplayer mod, if you can ost a server and invite friends then it would be awesome and if you can do missions and cap/discover places and it save the progress, then it would be the best mod ever, as that game is just too big.

SuperDuperMe

Bought DCS A10c today and it is doing my head in, 3 hours later and i cant take off, i cant turn the engine on or off, i cant land, i cant pick my missiles.

This game makes FSX look like hawx, just to give you a sort of comparison, the average manual is what, a few pages, like 20-30 max. The manual for this game is 627 pages long iirc.

It is insane.

My joystick is pretty good too and i still dont have enough buttons to play the damn thing. I think this is goping to take a while to get right :p

Looks good for a sim though, graphics are ok, cockpit and plane textures are spot on.

This bring my tally on games to 3 :p Over the sales, mw3, blops 2 and a10c.

WeatherMan

Just picked up The Doom 3 Pack for £1.99 :)

edit: Mass Effect 2 lol

edit 2: and crysis warhead :mad:

I've spent £25 now

pffffft, no more games until I buy a steam wallet voucher with my £10 GAME gift card. then I won't have to dig into my Direct Debit card :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WeatherMan

Just picked up (using my GAME card)

Half-Life 2
Flatout 3: Chaos & Destruction (Thanks Justin :p)
The Basement Collection

Darren

Staff member
Yeah the reviews for flatout were like 2 out of 10.

Just bought Binding of Isaac. Not sure if I'll like it. Permadeath is really off putting to me.