Steve Jobs Resigns

bomberboysk

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple Inc.

CUPERTINO, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)— To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve
Sources:
http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110824006508/en

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Steve-Jobs-Resigns-as-CEO-of-bw-19285464.html?x=0&.v=1

PohTayToez

Everyone knew it was coming eventually but I expected him to stay on a bit longer. I figured he'd stay on to see the new headquarters built.

Hsv_Man

I'm glad this news is in the off topic category everybody knows that apple is overpriced computing that can't be upgraded or repaired any where near as easily as a home PC.

On another note I have nothing against Steve and hope he gets better in a less demanding role with apple.

DMGrier

VIP Member
They might finally get someone who doesn't use magical so much at the conventions and offer computer's in more then just white.

jonnyp11

the only thing apple is good for is the i's, the pads the pods and the phones all rape, but there comps are rediculously priced, unless you find one on clearence then there is an issue and you basically get over half off the price as my dad did, 1100 for the 09 imac 27'' i7-860 w/ hd 4850 512mb near the end of 2010, not a bad deal and a beast of a computer

hey, one of my teachers has a black macbook pro, so white isn't the only option, and love how this same thread is on 2 sections be different people.

Last edited by a moderator:

bkribbs

I'm glad this news is in the off topic category everybody knows that apple is overpriced computing that can't be upgraded or repaired any where near as easily as a home PC.

On another note I have nothing against Steve and hope he gets better in a less demanding role with apple.

the only thing apple is good for is the i's, the pads the pods and the phones all rape, but there comps are rediculously priced, unless you find one on clearence then there is an issue and you basically get over half off the price as my dad did, 1100 for the 09 imac 27'' i7-860 w/ hd 4850 512mb near the end of 2010, not a bad deal and a beast of a computer

Guys, this is a thread about a sick man who has done a LOT for the computer industry. Do we really have to be like that?

I personally am sad to see him go, and hope he isn't too sick. Glad he will stay involved.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Jobs was really good at making decisions on what would be a hit to the public. What features/looks/style would make a product a winner. Other then that, on the hardware/programing side, he could not pull a greased string out of a Wozniak.

We will see what direction the products will go. But still being the chairman not much will happen without his approval. As long as he is still at the company, the CEO will just be his little piggy.

No ill feeling toward him, hope his health isnt getting bad. Wish him the best of luck.

DMGrier

VIP Member
hey, one of my teachers has a black macbook pro, so white isn't the only option, and love how this same thread is on 2 sections be different people.

I am sure he does have a black one, from a few years ago. Apple as far as I know have not offered black models in a few the last few years (damn racist)

PabloTeK

Steve has merely been a figurehead for a while since he's had health issues anyway, t'is a shame but he'll still be leading the board and I'm sure giving direction to Apple even after he resigns from that!

linkin

VIP Member
I don't mind Jobs but Apple as a company I don't like or want to support. Got nothing against their products, but all the patent trolling...

Troncoso

VIP Member

Where is this even in context? It's in the OT because it's about Steve Jobs himself. If it was about apple laptops or desktops it would go in those appropriate categories as well. That was completely unnecessary.

Anyway. He's been in the business for quite a while. He's more than left his mark on the technology industry. Whether he's sick or just looking to relax, he deserves it.

patrickv

There must ALWAYS be a troll in some of the Apple Threads. We are speaking of someone fighting a battle for his life people and someone just have to tag along and say apple is overprice etc etc.... lord help them. Anyways I expected it was because of his health soon as I heard the news

speedyink

VIP Member
Yeah really, I'm not exactly Steve's biggest fan, but come on. This topic is NOT titled "What do you think of apple computers?"

Hsv_Man

Where is this even in context? It's in the OT because it's about Steve Jobs himself. If it was about apple laptops or desktops it would go in those appropriate categories as well. That was completely unnecessary.

As i have said i have nothing against the man and i am sorry to hear that he is unwell. I very much hope he gets better in a less demanding role with the company.

There must ALWAYS be a troll in some of the Apple Threads.

I was just sharing my opinion on what I think of Apple worldwide and if they want to sell computers for double the price of what they are worth for a PC version good for them but the people must be informed!

Last edited: