surge protector

alanuofm

VIP Member
i didn't know which category to place this question.

if i have a regular power strip plugged into a surge protector (my surge protector is all used up) will anything plugged into the power strip be protected as well? i just got a new laptop and i have it plugged into the power strip and i want to make sure its alright. thanks

NyRoN said:
yea most likely...but you should make sure you dont over load the surge protector
Yea , having alot of things plug into one surge protection might starve your computer of power, especially if any other high power usage item is running in your house ( washing machine , etc. ) I would recommend getting a Battery backup surge protector

dyserq

Like the others said get a new one
Surge portectors can only handle a certain amount of power before it cuts off the fuse and as a result power of your computer
If you overload it it may cause serious damage to not only your computer but also the other appliances that have been previously plugged in

NyRoN

buy another surge protector or buy a UPS with a built it surge protector...there are alot of cheep ones out there and its better to be safe than sorry