SVA 24" 1920x1200 Cheap, but is it any good?

Number1SuperGuy

I've been looking to buy a big monitor for a long time now, trying to stay around $300 when I stumbled across this monitor:
SVA 2400w 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 6ms, 800:1, 1920x1200 (WUXGA), VGA, DVI, Black

I've looked at the specs from every angle and I can't seem to find any flaws, so why is it only $259.99? (if you pay with PayPal they take another $20 off the already reduced $279.99). It's an MVA type LCD panel so it's got a very high viewing angle, 8-bit color range, and the 6ms response time will look similar to a TN panel with a 2ms response time... On paper this thing looks like the king of all budget monitors. How is it so freaking cheap? Does anyone own this monitor? Is there a third world child inside drawing every frame? What am I overlooking?

elitehacker

The specs are ok but nothing to write home about. Its definitely a budget monitor befitting its price range. I think its a reasonable price. Although its a big screen and all but the contrast is abit down not to mention the brand. You just have to be careful about after sales support. Also, its not exactly the most sexy monitor out there, its really boxy and plain so the price is reasonable. From the side it looks abit too thick, way thicker than my Samsung 245b.

Number1SuperGuy

Well, I ordered one because it seems like too good of a deal to pass up. I'll post again and let you know if it's a piece of junk or if it's just a really good deal. :)

Number1SuperGuy

Wow, arrived the day after I ordered it!

This monitor is AMAZING. The colors are gorgeous, it has very little glare/distortion when viewed at side angles, it's freaking huge and it's got higher than 1080p resolution... I don't think you can possibly get anything near as good for this low of a price. SVA, I love you.

Everyone buy this monitor NOW!