Task Manager... not showing up!!!

BrandonL

I'm having a problem with my task manager. I go to open it using the ctrl+alt+delete method and it does nothing. I also tried doing it by right clicking on the taskbar and clicking on "task manager" and it also does nothing. I found out the run command (taskmgr) for it. When I input that a window pops up stating "Another program is currently using this file.". I really want to find out how to get it back because I use it all the time believe it or not. Can anyone help me please?!?!?

subtle

Probably it won't change much but give ita try...

Start > Run:
first:
REGSVR32 /u shell32.dll
second:
REGSVR32 shell32.dll

You can try that as well:
Copy the bue text in to notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"**del.DisableTaskMgr"=" "

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000

Then save it as a fix.reg the run it.

!!Remember to back up your system BEFORE you make ANY changes in you registry!!

Last edited:

BrandonL

I already found the problem but thanks for your input man. I have some kind of spyware/adware/virus that i cant rid my computer of. If you want to peep the thread check under Computer Security

fastforward

stop going to them dirty sites and your computer will stay clean. naw, so much stuff is out there to mess up your computer, dl spybot search and destroy, windows defender, and a firewall anti virus program and after cleaning it out your programs will be good and you will see a spike in your computer's performance

BrandonL

windows defender needs the service-pack 2 and i cant download that. spybot i had and i already have a firewall. i just used the xp restore disk and wiped the whole system out.

close the thread this topic is done.