Telstra

Renée

Anyone in Australia who is moving about & can end up in rural areas etc, have to deal with Telstra :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::

1337dingo

i rather optus.. not as much coverage.. but if you have trouble the people on the phone are much more knolagable

MMM

No good having knowledgeble people on the other end when you can't talk to them!!!
Ha ha.

Hsv_Man

I run a telstra bigpond adsl 1 8000 kbps plan at my home and while i am at my nans i run a optus usb wireless broadband cost me $150 for 5 gb I just use it for websites usually maybe to logg into gfwl. I find telstra to be alright to their customers every problem we have had has been fixed be it eventually. But we stuck by them which will be good if labor get in and we get upgraded to Fibre Optic. :)

MMM

I drove around Australia 2 years ago and the coverage of telstra Next G was fabulous where the others were hopeless.
Even the telstra gsm service could not match Next G.

The mobile wireless network is same coverage as Next G which is excellent.

Fibre optic for the country regional areas is a con job regardless who is in power, the old copper lines with new technology is all you are going to get or phone/satellite coverage.

btw at home I use optus for landline and cable internet where the others cannot match the service and cost especially Telstra.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
I have TPG and their customer service sucks. And their off peak times are like 5 hours each day... i have 25gb peak and 25gb off peak... yeah, pretty fair aint it?

changing to iiNet ASAP

Renée

That's all good & fine, but have any of you seriously been around Australia.

You will find that other than Telstra (MORONS),
there is NO mobile coverage for more than 3 quarters of the bloody country.

And Telstra who are 51% owned by government, makes our government either libs or labor, have a lot to answer for!

Obvuously none of you have travelled much. :mad:

Hsv_Man

Well whats this about optus having 98% coverage of Australia for their wireless internet? I think across Australia there is more ISP's than just telstra you just might not have been looking hard enough.

linkin

VIP Member
I think for now, iiNet has the best overall service, especially customer service. When i had them in perth, where they originally started, they were really good. They'd even uncap our speeds if we went over our data limit, as long as we paid the bill.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
I live in the country, and I don't think we get even Telstra here... all we have is some obscure rural provides with ridiculously priced plans (512/128 20GB monthly allowance with landline rental costs ~$100).