Ten Reasons to Buy Windows Vista

Bobo

banned
Haha....I really don't care for Vista. I've been using the Beta releases and the RC1 and RC2, and I don't like it that much.

alexandergre

Haha....I really don't care for Vista. I've been using the Beta releases and the RC1 and RC2, and I don't like it that much.

actually me too.
i just wanna buy a new mac, i think that Mac has got every think i need. :p
Mac is just different, every thing is better. :eek:

rydin4life

I think Steve Jobs wrote the 10 reasons why not article.

I won't be buying it because I'll wait to read more reviews and see how it acts on systems similar to mine.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

me too i tried the RC2 and wasnt realy that impressed.
I dont see any point in buying it yet.

I will probably get it when i have a new computer though because DX10 Graphics cards will only run on Vista right?

kof2000

well until nvidia comes out with a driver for my card right now vista has issues for not running at 1680x1050, it is forcing me to run at 1600x1200.

other than that vista is a cool os to have. especially you enable all the bells and whistles. :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
as others have said, i dont care much for vista, not fora good few years at least. Why go through the trawl of sotware and hardware incompatibility and issues when i actually need to get work done.

ll stick with WinXP Pro stripped down so it runs without being lagged by crappy UI thanks

lets face it, vista is just a table that microsoft can showcase some new "toys" and some graphics that they stole from UNIX platforms... there is absolutely NO functional reason to upgrade....

dragon

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh the woes MS has inficted on the world. Open source has been and always will be the best and only way to go :p

Anyone else notice the 10 reasons not to buy Vista doesn't have a #4?

I agree Vista wont be perfect, it will probably be far from it but, except for the UI (I hate flashy crap that serves no purpose other than to look nifty), it will be a decent upgrade from XP. With every release/patch windows gets a little better at keeping the garbage out. If MS closed up shop and everyone had to use unix, viri would still spread. Why? Because people want to run stuff. Just because unix has a bunch of added protection doesn't mean people wont just add execution premissions and run every stupid email attachment they get.