Votes: 117 43.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 89 33.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 62 23.1%

• Total voters

footballstevo75

[-0MEGA-];483032 said:
Can't wait to buy a PS3 and sell it on eBay for twice the price :)

shh shh

keep the on the low down :D

we dont want more people than us getting those great ideas

lol just kidding, some people consider it low, but i will gladly camp out to get a ps3, and get paid about $600 to do it

xBoom

Accroding to The New Straits Times paper,
ps3.jpg

So I think the PS3 is better because the release of PS3 delayed because there are some improvements and something wrong with the High-Definition disc player. PS3 graphics will be better than Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Give it a try.

Archangel

VIP Member
well... it would be pretty much a letdown if it wasnt better then the 360, no? I mean,.. after beeing released so much later.
and you think the PS3 will be better becuase its release is delayed again? hmm... tbh, id call it a weakness, because it shows major flaw's in the design. If i would ever buy a PS3.. it would the v2 or so,.. one that would be surely bug-free :p

bigsaucybob

So I think the PS3 is better because the release of PS3 delayed because there are some improvements and something wrong with the High-Definition disc player. PS3 graphics will be better than Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Give it a try.

See your basically wrong, Sony set up a bunch of PS3's in NYC and allowed people to come and play them. In every review I have read, they said the graphics were not much better than the Xbox 360's.

I was at Gamestop pre-ordering Gears of War and all the three men behind the counter could talk about is how TERRIBLE the PS3 is going to be. Literally, they just kept on ranting about how someone is buying one for them, and they are going to list it on eBay.

Another big blow to the PS3 is the new update for the 360 coming out 11/22. This update will allow for tons of video content to be downloaded from the Xbox Live Marketplace. You can download an HD Movie for $6 or buy a TV Episode for $3, or a standard movie for $3. They already have support from major production companies and have tons of content ready.

Another important game release has been Gears of War. It held up to all the hype and recieved a 9.6 from Gamespot and an Editor's Choice. I peronsally have the game and let me tell you, the grahpics are beyond beleif and the gameplay is simply amazing.

So based on these things, I wouldn't be counting on the PS3 being that amazing.

Archangel

VIP Member
owww... could you stop it Bob? YOu make me want to get a 360 before Halo3 is released.. :|

(on a sidenote,.. have you played the game Chromehounds?)

jimmymac

VIP Member
No matter what the situation you can bet your ass that the PS3 will be the market leader inside 12 months. So many people grumble and complain about the way the upcoming release of the PS3 has been such a mess. How its gonna be so expensive etc etc etc. But you know that the majority of them will be going out and buying one. The reputation of the Playstation is such that it will be unstoppable once its released.

Plus i reckon that more people distrust microshite than they do sony too which will probably help :D

I for one will be getting the PS3, certain games will be dedicated to this platform only and as such it becomes my only choice :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
Cell processors have still never been tested in a consumer product. I forsee lots of problems with the PS3. Sure cell processors work great in blade servers, but the PS3 is nothing near a blad server, lol.

DarkJokerX

I have gone though 4 Xbox 360s before I returned and just got my money back they over heat in the first 6 hours. Just my experiance with Xbox 360....

bigsaucybob

owww... could you stop it Bob? YOu make me want to get a 360 before Halo3 is released.. :|

(on a sidenote,.. have you played the game Chromehounds?)

Sorry, but I feel the pain. I can't wait for Halo 3. You know they have already started taking pre-orders.

I have not tried Chromehounds, I don't know why. I have never really been interested.

No matter what the situation you can bet your ass that the PS3 will be the market leader inside 12 months. So many people grumble and complain about the way the upcoming release of the PS3 has been such a mess. How its gonna be so expensive etc etc etc. But you know that the majority of them will be going out and buying one. The reputation of the Playstation is such that it will be unstoppable once its released.

Plus i reckon that more people distrust microshite than they do sony too which will probably help :D

I for one will be getting the PS3, certain games will be dedicated to this platform only and as such it becomes my only choice :)

I disagree, I do not think the PS3 will be the market leader in 12 months. Not when you go to the store to get one and the employees are pushing you NOT to buy it. Not with such a high price tag, I don't see what makes you think it will be so good.

I have gone though 4 Xbox 360s before I returned and just got my money back they over heat in the first 6 hours. Just my experiance with Xbox 360....

That is unfortunate, I had freezing with only 1 game with my 360. I called Xbox and they offered to replace it for free. But I had a warranty with Best Buy in which they gave me a brand new one.

DarkJokerX

I ahd the warranty to I went though 4 NEW xbox 360s thats why I gave it up i guess the best buy I got them from must have sucked.unloading them or somthing.

jimmymac

VIP Member
I disagree, I do not think the PS3 will be the market leader in 12 months. Not when you go to the store to get one and the employees are pushing you NOT to buy it. Not with such a high price tag, I don't see what makes you think it will be so good.

Never said anything about the PS3 itself being "so good" it will sell on its reputation alone. Pople go with what they know and that will be enough to see the PS3 sold in huge numbers from day 1. Consumers are like sheep, they follow the pack and the pack will head for PS3 upon release...thats just the way it works.

I am in no way a fanboy of any console, my PS2 has hardly been touched in the last 6 months as im not much of a console player. But i will be getting one for specific titles that will only be on the PS3.

Theres no doubting the Xbox360 is a fantastic console, it doing very well at the moment but i believe that the PS3 will undoubtedly win the "next-gen" wars. Perhaps my prediction of 12 months is a bit over the top but on a market projection of the next 4 years the ps3 will be ahead in the worldwide market.

edit: just curious as to why your saying people will be pushing for you "not" to buy it in stores, it wont be the case in the UK for sure so im interested to hear your thoughts on that one :)

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
Never said anything about the PS3 itself being "so good" it will sell on its reputation alone. Pople go with what they know and that will be enough to see the PS3 sold in huge numbers from day 1. Consumers are like sheep, they follow the pack and the pack will head for PS3 upon release...thats just the way it works.

It only makes me think of 1 quote.. "There are 2 things infinite, the Universe and human stupidity,.. altough I'm not sure about the first one" - Albert Einstein and tbh, i couldnt agree more =)

Hyper_Kagome

I'll eventually get all three of the systems... I just have... NO money right now. I just love games and don't really side with any company... if there's a game I want for a system, but don't have the system to play it, then I need then system to play it. Sooo yeah... see I need all three within time...

jimmymac

VIP Member
It only makes me think of 1 quote.. "There are 2 things infinite, the Universe and human stupidity,.. altough I'm not sure about the first one" - Albert Einstein and tbh, i couldnt agree more =)

exactly, it wont matter which one is the better machine or which one has the better graphics, internet capabilities etc, sony have the consumer market on consoles and that will be enough to boost there sales from the start.

some expectations are for the PS3 to have taken the next gen market by 2010, up until that point they will be playing catch up to the 360 due to its earlier release, however they will continue to close the gap each year by outselling the 360 marginally

tlarkin

VIP Member
exactly, it wont matter which one is the better machine or which one has the better graphics, internet capabilities etc, sony have the consumer market on consoles and that will be enough to boost there sales from the start.

some expectations are for the PS3 to have taken the next gen market by 2010, up until that point they will be playing catch up to the 360 due to its earlier release, however they will continue to close the gap each year by outselling the 360 marginally

This is true in some aspects...the PSP failed compared to where Nintendo has owned the protable market. Also, nintendo, microsoft, and sony all own other companies and produce other products. They are all making lots of money off different things than console systems. Did you know Nintendo owns pokemon and digimon (or whatever they are?) and have made tons of money off it?

The thing is, I don't really see where technology is cutting edge here. I mean CRT technology is making a comeback and it is going to kick the crap out of all that HD LCD, DLP crap that is out and way over expensive at the moment.

Right now with our satchurated market of bloated technology, format wars, next high end standard wars, etc nintendo decided to do something no other company is doing. They are basing their system off a concept, not off a technology. The concept is, how to make playing video games unique, fun, and revolutionary. They used technology that is already established.

What happens when blu ray fails? its going to be just like mini disk, beta max, laser disc, etc. Is the consumer market really ready for something like blu ray technology? Are movies actually going to take advantage of a full capacity blu ray dual layer disc? IMHO, blu ray has no immediate place in the market, and it will have to prove itself for it to become successful.

The answer to these questions is no one knows. Sony is riding on this technology, and it could end up being a poor choice. Nintendo has a reputation of making a great product. My 8bit nintendo from 1987 still works to this day. I have gone through 3 PS2s, and the manager of the local game stop down the street from me, told me he as gone through 8 PS2s (but he probably plays games more than I do, being a manager of a game stop and all).

Plus if you play all three systems side by side by side you will see that they all perform in a similar manner. Sure the 360 and the PS3 may look a bit better, but the Wii isn't going to be 8 bit graphics or anything. I would compare it to your average gaming PC right now. I mean RE4 for the game cube was real nice looking, and its going to be better than that.

bigsaucybob

I think its correct to say most will follow the flock, but the % of people that follow and do not do the research online will not make the PS3 the number one console. There is a much larger majority that know what they are talking about and have done the research, they will do the correct thing.

jimmymac

VIP Member
nope i think the majority will be the flock who follow and buy the PS3. Remember this is the kind of thing thats often bought as presents by parents to keep the kids quiet, and you can bet the kids want PS3. They dont care about the tech specs of the consoles. They just want to know that they have th bragging rights. To the kids the bragging rights will be in owning the expensive one...the PS3.

Add to that the loyal followers of Sony (god help them) and your looking at it easily becoming the number one console over the next generation.

Its sad but its just he way the consumer market works. Its the same in almost any sales. People follow what others do, they dont research into whats the best, they go for labels, badges etc. Microsoft im afraid is just not a label!

Christ its even the same in my line of work and we are talking about epolpes health. The best pharma products does not necessarily mean the most prescribed. GP's go with the company names and if they like the people selling it....stupid but ultimately true

bigsaucybob

nope i think the majority will be the flock who follow and buy the PS3. Remember this is the kind of thing thats often bought as presents by parents to keep the kids quiet, and you can bet the kids want PS3. They dont care about the tech specs of the consoles. They just want to know that they have th bragging rights. To the kids the bragging rights will be in owning the expensive one...the PS3.

Add to that the loyal followers of Sony (god help them) and your looking at it easily becoming the number one console over the next generation.

Its sad but its just he way the consumer market works. Its the same in almost any sales. People follow what others do, they dont research into whats the best, they go for labels, badges etc. Microsoft im afraid is just not a label!

Christ its even the same in my line of work and we are talking about epolpes health. The best pharma products does not necessarily mean the most prescribed. GP's go with the company names and if they like the people selling it....stupid but ultimately true

I really disagree. I definitely dont see hte PS3 of all the consoles to be the one to keep the kids quiet. I dont know about your parents but my parents wont be paying upwards of $600+ to keep me quiet.

The kids want the bragging rights, but without the cash they wont have anything. Your right, the parents dont care about the tech specs, they care about PRICE, the one thing the PS3 fails miserably on.

Archangel

VIP Member
why pay $600 when you can get a role of ductape for $5, and that does the job just as good on keeping kids quiet? :D