thermal paste

i,m wondering what the overclockers on this forum are thinking what the best thermal paste is, for cpu.
and if there is a difference for amd and intel.
also if there is a difference on ussing the paste for aircoolers, and watercooling.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cant really comment on whats the "Best",But from a personal experience ive found Arctic Cooling MX-4 or Artic Silver 5 to be very good.

Both of them should do really well,regardless of what platform your using or cooler type.

i,m using that now, but i think i switch to ic diamond 7 an give that a try, seems to cool around 3.5 degrees cooler than arctic,

MyCattMaxx

i,m using that now, but i think i switch to ic diamond 7 an give that a try, seems to cool around 3.5 degrees cooler than arctic,
Seems and reality are 2 different things.
In real testing most of the high end compounds are within 1c of each other.
I just bought a huge syringe of Arctic Alumina because of price and I don't see any difference in temp readings between my twin Dells, one of the Dells has Arctic Silver 5 on it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ive tried ic diamond 7,and Shin-Etsu on my overclocked Q6600 system...they hardly made any difference compared to AS5..maybe 1-2c,The price didn't really justify changing the AS5.

TL: DR paste is paste, just apply it good and your good.

paste is paste?????

this is not true, yes if you dont do overclocking paste is paste, but the paste i had on before the 1 i have now was shit, (yes it was put on good).
i had 5 degrees more temp then with arctic silver thats on now, so paste is not the same as paste.

tech savvy

paste is paste?????

this is not true, yes if you dont do overclocking paste is paste, but the paste i had on before the 1 i have now was shit, (yes it was put on good).
i had 5 degrees more temp then with arctic silver thats on now, so paste is not the same as paste.

And what paste was that? When your dealing with the top brands, paste is paste. It don't really get no better then AS5. I mean, there are other paste that can preform as good, and in some cases, better then AS5, but only by 1-2c(Max). So if you got AS5, then there's really no need to buy anything else.

I think your getting a little greedy.

And what paste was that? When your dealing with the top brands, paste is paste. It don't really get no better then AS5. I mean, there are other paste that can preform as good, and in some cases, better then AS5, but only by 1-2c(Max). So if you got AS5, then there's really no need to buy anything else.

I think your getting a little greedy.

it was the paste what comes on a corsair h100, and has nothing to do with greedy, everithing just with testing.

Okedokey

problem solved, i have now another cpu the i7 975 extreme, put some gelic solution extreme on it, withe the corsair h100 very nice temps, idlle below 30, oc to 3.8