to increase c drive

pushkar

my c-drive is full.i am using windows 7 os and so that i have to increase
my c drive without format.
plz tell me,is it possible?

mrjack

VIP Member
Here's a guide on how to do that. Keep in mind that doing it this way can mess up your partition if something like a power outage happens during the process.

claptonman

Only way you can do it without buying a new drive and cloning it, or buying an external drive to fill it with photos, music, etc, you have to delete unneeded files and programs.

strollin

Do you have a large drive that is partitioned into several smaller drives? If so, you can shrink one of the other partitions (providing it has free space) and enlarge the C: drive.

If your C: drive is one partition and it's full then you need to buy a larger drive then clone your existing drive to the new, larger drive.

pushkar

Do you have a large drive that is partitioned into several smaller drives? If so, you can shrink one of the other partitions (providing it has free space) and enlarge the C: drive.

If your C: drive is one partition and it's full then you need to buy a larger drive then clone your existing drive to the new, larger drive.

i have done that way but its not possible,the other large drive shrink
but the c drive does not expand...
pz suggest another way..

strollin

Since you're running Win 7, you should be able to follow the info on the link that mrjack posted above.

If you can't then we need more info. Goto Start->Control Panel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->Computer Management. Or you can open a command prompt and enter "compmgmt.msc" (no quotes). Once there, click on Storage the double-click on Disk Management. Take a snapshot of that screen and post it here and we will be able to help you better.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member

Since you're running Win 7, you should be able to follow the info on the link that mrjack posted above.

If you can't then we need more info. Goto Start->Control Panel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->Computer Management. Or you can open a command prompt and enter "compmgmt.msc" (no quotes). Once there, click on Storage the double-click on Disk Management. Take a snapshot of that screen and post it here and we will be able to help you better.
I am thinking you were right the first time, the drive is likely 1 big partition. Of course it is possible that the screenshot will show otherwise.. :)

pushkar

I m trying to snapshot that storage management but not able to attach that so can u give me ur mail_id then i can send u on mail ?:confused: