Toshiba Satellite P200 LCD Problem

spike47

Hi Everyone

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 and there is a problem with the Display , it works and it does not work .

I have done some checks ,the backlight is on , and it works ok with a second monitor .

The question I really want to ask is , where is the switch or contact on the Lid or body of the Laptop that shuts down the screen when I close the Lid , I have the Laptop stripped down and I can not see anywhere , where there is some sort of contact mechanical or magnetic between the Lid and Palm rest .

I thought that there me have been something where the Lid Latches close but can not see anything around there .
I know there must be something that puts the laptop into Hibernate when I close the Lid , but what and where is the sensor or whatever located .

cheers

spike

evti

Generally the mechanism is in the hinge of the LCD, or where the LCD connects to the computer itself. Sounds like you're saying that sometimes when you close the lid, it turns off, and sometimes it doesn't. It's possible something is loose or not connected properly to the motherboard. It could also be a BIOS issue, so check and see if you have the most up to date BIOS.

spike47

Hi evti

No there is not a problem with the wiring to the Monitor I have checked all that , I just need to find out what operates the screen shutdown when you close the lid on this P200 , I have a dell and it has a little magnet in the lid and when this gets close to a small micro switch on the Palm rest it switches the screen of .
I just need to find the same type of thing on this P200 .

cheers

evti

You might want to find a technical manual or something for that, or contact the manufacturer. There are general areas they put it, as I said, but every laptop model and manufacturer is different.