tried to change windows 7 logon screen

No i havent tried it.

have you commented in the blog. theres a lot of discussion below so it seems like its not a straight forward as intended. its likely you missed something small but vital

sector2814

Ill have to look that over and try it out when I get back to my comp next. I didnt know there was a blog for it, and that there was big discussion and want for it, but thats pretty cool that there is

Gibz

Follow this procedure:
After you have registered, Open My Computer and click to open the H.Disk folder.
Search for oobe. Results might take some time to appear depending on your indexing settings.
Now open the folder named oobe. Here you'll find another folder named INFO.
I advice you to create a desktop shortcut for this folder so that you dont have to search again should you need to change your background again.
Open the folder INFO then click to open the backgrounds folder. Here you'll find the default background image named backgroundDefault. Simply delete this image so that it moves to Rec. Bin and replace it with your own "jpg" formatted image not exceeding 200 KBs and rename it to backgroundDefault.
Lock or switch user to view the change.
Repeat the same in case you want to return the original image

Last edited:

sector2814

the only thing different from that, that i did was in "oobe" i created an info folder and within that folder i created a backgrounds folder and its in that folder that i placed my jpg. im wondering since the actual logon background image is in oobe, that if i deleted it and placed my jpg in its place if that would work

EDIT: i tried looking at the one posted earlier in this thread but you have to login and be a member to get to the program. but theres good news! i found another program thats really easy to work and works perfectly. its from tweaks.com but i downloaded it at cnet, if your interested

Last edited: